6.5x55 ammo???

bob edwards

hi all
has anyone done any homework on 6.5x55 ammo it seems to be harder to get hold of and the range of size is even more of a problem its ok if you want 140gr power shock and norma and some sako but look for any other is a problem
cheers bob:rolleyes:

Morning,
I'm a RFD and i own a range, so i'm always on the lookout for ammo. I also use a 6.5x55, hornady do a 140gr sp/interlock which is a great round, if you load your own they have a range of eight from 85gr upto 160gr. Federal also do a 140gr, sellier & bellot have three types of ammo all 140gr.
hope this helps.
trev.

Locally to me I can get RWS 140gn (occassionally), Federal Powershok 140gn (occassionally) and Norma 156gn Oryx (occassionally). That's why I took up reloading ;)

ft

thanks lads i found some Norma 120gr @ weldons gun room these cost £28.00 a box i will give them a try but they dont do the privi ones written about yesterday

thanks lads i found some Norma 120gr @ weldons gun room these cost £28.00 a box i will give them a try but they dont do the privi ones written about yesterday

Sounds like a bloody Bargain!

the cheapest i cab get 6.5x55 Norma BTs for is £35 a box...most want to charge nearer £38.....i'd stock up as it sounds like old prices to me!

38 bucks and the say the 6.5x55 has no kick :rofl:

tell me about it.....can hold up to 250 rounds, buy 200 a time.....never been able to afford to buy more than 2 boxes at a time. Realoading gear nearly sorted, so should be less recoil soon;)

Im getting a box of partizan this week, £50.99 for 100!!!
john, do you use the partizans in your 6.5 sako?

Yes mate in both 139 and 156 they both shoot into less than an inch at 100m's NO flyers.
They perform well inside roe as well.
They are showing a 123 gr SP. loading but none in the country as yet would be a useful roe round

Thanks for the info, I'll ring henry kranks and find out when the 123g will be coming in cos i dont really need them untill end of sept.

Tried Privi P's in 6.5x55 Tikka and they were hopeless, but just got 100 to try in a Sako 85 (again a 6.5x55) and got a nice 25mm group at 150m with the first three rounds.Will try them on deer over the next few months and post results.

I too have put Privi 139gn on chrono in my 6.5 x 55 Sako 85 (20" barrel) and I got an average fps of 2307 vs 2717 for Norma 120 gn BTs. Having played with 120gn homeloads I can say that the factory Norma is a pretty fast load and a lot quicker than Federal and Remington. If you want to go faster suggest homeloading with 100gn bullets - Noslers shoot very well for me in this regard.

Back