which rifle for roe,muntjac ect

sika

hi iv got a 22-250(for vermin) and a 308(red deer) im wanting a smaller rifle for roe ect in england just wondering what my options of calibres are thanks

Easy! A 243 will fill the bill shoot bullets from 60 grains (varminter performance) to 105 grains (deer up to sika / fallow) so it fits nicely between your two existing calibres. Loads of rifles to choose from both new & second hand. Then with these three calibres you can shoot anything in europe (subject to local laws etc)

Easy! A 243 will fill the bill shoot bullets from 60 grains (varminter performance) to 105 grains (deer up to sika / fallow) so it fits nicely between your two existing calibres. Loads of rifles to choose from both new & second hand. Then with these three calibres you can shoot anything in europe (subject to local laws etc)

i had a 243 and i found it to have too much muzzle flip compared to my other cf (so i let the license go)but it was not moderated as my other cf are so that might of been the prob

There are many calibres.
But your .308 will do just fine.
Use heavy for calibre bullets 165 or bigger they keep the meat damage down and cut through light foliage better.

Back