mincing rabbits whole

scubadog

So I am in the market for a semi decent meat mincer.
After having read a few posts on here I have decided to up my budget to around £200

I would quite like to be able to mince rabbits whole for dog food.

Does anyone else do this and if so what machine do you use?
Any one know of the The No.8 El Young Electric Mincer 220/50 from weschenfelder will manage rabbits still on the bone?

You will need a minimum of a #22 mincer(that refers to the size),but may I ask why you want to mince the rabbits rather than feed whole or half to your dog/s......just interested to be honest,I feed carcase meat to both my dogs and I mean whole Rabbits.....whole chicken carcases and even 1/2 deer heads,and the bonus to that is that they keep their teeth extra clean and work their jaws properly.

Martin

p.s. I do produce Bags of minced chicken for other pet owners around me,but I do that for them for ease of storage and some people worry about giving bones to their dogs and minced allays their fears.

You will need a minimum of a #22 mincer(that refers to the size),but may I ask why you want to mince the rabbits rather than feed whole or half to your dog/s......just interested to be honest,I feed carcase meat to both my dogs and I mean whole Rabbits.....whole chicken carcases and even 1/2 deer heads,and the bonus to that is that they keep their teeth extra clean and work their jaws properly.

Martin

p.s. I do produce Bags of minced chicken for other pet owners around me,but I do that for them for ease of storage and some people worry about giving bones to their dogs and minced allays their fears.

+1

Mine gets through whole rabbits no problem, she doesn't have them all the time. Maybe 1 or 2 a week.

Mike

I've fed my two dogs (mastiff and jack Russell) whole carcasses of both rabbit and chicken with no problems. The mastiff even prefers to eat them skin on and everything while the Jack Russell prefers them skinned although they both like the feet as treats.

This did cross my mind but if a dog hasn`t learned to deal with bones from an early age then this way is the next best thing.
`although they both like the feet as treats` nun hunter .. care to explain that one?

When I come back from shot in a few rabbits I process them outside (head and feet chopped off, skinned, gutted etc) both dogs sit patiently and wait for a lucky rabbits foot to come their way and then they eat them, fur, claws and all. They both seem to love it and have no side effects!

To be honest I figure that a batch load of minced whatever bagged up into daily portions would be easier for me.
Both on space and convenience.
My dog lives in my house. Someone finding half a rabbit carcass stashed somewhere around the house will not go down to well!

To be honest I figure that a batch load of minced whatever bagged up into daily portions would be easier for me. Both on space and convenience. My dog lives in my house. Someone finding half a rabbit carcass stashed somewhere around the house will not go down to well!

haha very true! My Mrs found a prepared carcas in te fridge and freaked so I dread to think if she found a furry one behind the sofa!!

Ei young mincer a good mincer had mine 6 yes now but will not do whole rabbits on bone no chance

Paul

I've just acquired an el-young, and good mincer though it is (a 10lb batch of sausages in very little time) but you won't get a bunny through it.

​I just joint rabbits/chickens/etc and pack them in those sealable plastic boxes. Excess boxes go in the freezer and one lives in the fridge (with permission!) and does about 2 days for my dog.

I believe best frozen first to kill any worms or bugs in them? My dogs like whole roe heads not frozen.

I have a Buffalo mincer ,I chop the rabbit including bones into pieces so it goes down the spout along with any offcuts of venison , meat only,put it into 1lb packs and freeze ,defrost one pack daily , divide it into five, ( have five Labs) mix with the dry food , add some warm water,they love it , gives them a bit more flaver than just the dry food.

Back