Guns found

well the SA80 should be traceable (if the id number is there.) ill keep an eye on who ends up un jail in the camps here. ;)

bob.

We were asked to take ourselves inside the house for safety reasons and an armed response team arrived within a few minutes.

Why? Were these illegal firearms likely to fire spontaneously?

Bit late to worry about that dave, after the owners mate, and then the local bobbies, have had a good poke around.

They would have been taken inside to give statememnts and to minimise their contamination of the scene. A number of rifles have gone missing over the years so no surprise there just good to see some recovered. Their will be a number on the SUSAT as well that the criminals are less likely to have scrubbed. 7 or so went from Catterick in 2003. I seam to remember hearing of over 20 weapons going from Larkhill although I think most were Civilian patern.

Dave

Good excuse to have your prints & DNA logged???:stir:

I believe that in Scotland the police may not retain DNA details unless the person is convicted. I was breathalysed (negative) and subsequently given the mouth piece to keep; I asked the officer why and was told that it was so the police force concerned could not be accused of obtaining DNA samples improperly.

Back