Which lightweight moderator for a 300 Win Mag

ths84

Just a quick question, how many of you shoot a 300WM with a mod on and if so which mod do you use as I have been told that if it is being used for stalking (one maybe two shots in a day) then a standard 30cal one will suffice rather than a mag proofed one.

Personally I'm looking for a lightweight one as I use a CMM4 on my 243 and love how it does not upset the balance of the rifle.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

hi mate i dont have a mod on my 300 at the present but i have compromised and might fit a muzzle break. all i can say is lightweight for a win mag I think is the titanium route , ally wont last very long at all ,atb wayne

to add i dont think the cmm 4 will be ok for 300 win but i am sure they dont proof them for magnum cartridges but will probably be corrected.

Last edited:
Agree with Mereside, I'm considering the same thing for my win mag. Laurence precision titanium mods run up to a 300WM and are £600 but made bespoke for each rifle.

I have a Ase SL5 mod on mine mate, light enough not to upset the balance, reduces the recoil quite a bit and doesn't cost the earth at around £200

With the recoil I'd get the heaviest moderator you can find!

What recoil?? Without the mod its not that bad and with a mod its like a 243 :)

edit: Thanks u32dw ill check that out as it does say on their site good for 300mag!

Last edited:
Jet Z or a A-tec Maxim and add 2 more baffles maybe.

I use 4 sections in my Maxim on a .300wsm and it's a pussycat to shoot.

Maxim is ally outer and stainless inside.

Hard to beat the Jet Z for sound reduction though.

ATB
Moses

Hi
We have recently supplied a number of mods to forum members with .300wm rifles. We would welcome the opportunity to do the same for you, especially as you are reasonably local.
Please feel free to pm me for further details or look at [url]www.onelesscharlie.webs.com Tel 01597 824918[/URL]

best regards

Colin

Last edited:
Please, PLEASE sell him a moderator for that blasted rifle but don't under any circumstances sell him a muzzle brake as that blasted rifle doesn't half bellow in the tunnel range that he zeroes on. :lol:

Please, PLEASE sell him a moderator for that blasted rifle but don't under any circumstances sell him a muzzle brake as that blasted rifle doesn't half bellow in the tunnel range that he zeroes on. :lol:
My ears are still ringing ! Tim is getting good results, so it'll be worth all the noise in the end.

haha I was thinking of giving Third Eye Tactical a call Mike and seeing what they can make up for me :D but yes you are right Tony grouping is going well with the 178gr Amax over 64.5gr of N160

178gr.jpg

I began using a moderator on my 300WM onlz last October. It is made by onelesscharlie.com. It is super efficient and I couldn't recommend it highly enough......

Spoken with Colin at onelesscharlie who was very very helpful and great to talk to so I have ordered one from him, cannot wait and will hopefully pick it up next week!

I would strongly recommend giving them a call if you are looking for something.

I use a Thomas Lowe Defence over the barrel moderator (see: www.tld.uk.net/ ) on my 300 win mag. They are a cracking bit of kit and you could not believe how much it calmes the rifle down. I think I paid about £230 for mine.

Back