17 HMR and Edgar Brothers

pg2008

Well I read the other post at the 17 HMR issues a fellow fourm member had, well I had a simular issue but heard the difference in the fired round. Call EB on Saturday morning left a voice mail. 9:30 Monday call from the head armourer what to know the details, also wanted the batch number. Asked me to take all the ammunition back to the shop I bought them from. They said they would sort it. Tuesday am drop off all the ammunition in the bad batch. Call this morning( Wednesday) from my gun shop we have your replacement ammunition in.

All I can do is say EB have really showed outstanding service and looked after my issue very very well.

Big thumbs up to them

Well I read the other post at the 17 HMR issues a fellow fourm member had, well I had a simular issue but heard the difference in the fired round. Call EB on Saturday morning left a voice mail. 9:30 Monday call from the head armourer what to know the details, also wanted the batch number. Asked me to take all the ammunition back to the shop I bought them from. They said they would sort it. Tuesday am drop off all the ammunition in the bad batch. Call this morning( Wednesday) from my gun shop we have your replacement ammunition in.

All I can do is say EB have really showed outstanding service and looked after my issue very very well.

Big thumbs up to them

What batch number?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au0f-ch1y3-2dGZuR01jaC02U0UtR2hsc3FQSjZLM3c#gid=0

Interested in all this discussion, I havnt bought any 17hmr for a couple of years
now my stock is getting very low. Never had a problem, round is superbly accurate
and I never miss with it (well almost never) now Im not sure what ammo to buy??:(

The batch number was B24R08 bought in 2011 or begin 2012 blue tip 17gr V-max

And there's the issue - presumably the problem was split necks/bullet stuck in the bore; around 2011 was the height of the problem which is now long fixed, but lots of people have ammunition bought around that time still in their gun safes.

Back