Butler Creek V Swarovski scope lens covers

salmon_fisher

Hi
i am sick of breaking my Butler Creek cover I did hear a rumour that they are guaranteed ?
Was thinking of changing to a Swarovski cover £$$ on the Eye Piece any feed back ?
leaving the butler Creek on the front they have lasted soo far

Thanks in advance Angus

I've got through a few Butler Creeks so invested in the Swaro ones. Very well engineered as you'd expect expensive yes but I guess it's three or so Butlers, also Cheaper than damaging your scope!
image.jpgimage.jpg

I've got 2 sets on two Z6i's. My initial impression was quite good, but I'm now having second thoughts! The first one I had, lost the thin rubber 'O' ring on the objective that secures and seals the cap. No problem I thought as they offer the Swaro warranty which is well known for being second to none. The trouble was, they wouldn't just send me a new 'O'ring - the whole unit had to go back to Austria for a warranty repair!:cuckoo: I've now noticed that it is getting fairly ragged again and will no doubt fail again before too long. Whilst I can appreciate that rubber will not last for ever and is basically a 'consumable', i don't really see the need to have to send the whole lot back each time and be without my required purchase for several weeks! I've also noticed that the cap securing pin is slightly migratory, although it hasn't ever looked like coming right out - yet!
However, apart from that, they do work extremely well and should last forever (apart from the rubber O ring!).
Mind you, at £60 each end, you'd expect better?
Leupold ones are very similar, only much cheaper!
MS

Hi
i am sick of breaking my Butler Creek cover I did hear a rumour that they are guaranteed ?

Went in my local gunshop a couple of weeks ago and asked for flip up lens covers without butler or creek in the name. He asked "have you broken yours, its not commonly know but they have a lifetime guarantee as long as you return the broken one" and duly replaced my broken front cover!

Hi No Eyed Deer
I asked my dealer just yesterday as I have broken and repaired mine x5 and he had No knowledge.
I wonder if he will replace my much modified covers ? watch this space !

Thanks for that Angus

Just bought some Bushwacker covers as recommended on a previous thread I'd asked about. Couldn't get the plain black ones in the UK so had to go for amber lenses, not my cup of tea but they might be good for driving at night!
Anyway, quite impressed so far but time will tell.

I've got 2 sets on two Z6i's. My initial impression was quite good, but I'm now having second thoughts! The first one I had, lost the thin rubber 'O' ring on the objective that secures and seals the cap. No problem I thought as they offer the Swaro warranty which is well known for being second to none. The trouble was, they wouldn't just send me a new 'O'ring - the whole unit had to go back to Austria for a warranty repair!:cuckoo: I've now noticed that it is getting fairly ragged again and will no doubt fail again before too long. Whilst I can appreciate that rubber will not last for ever and is basically a 'consumable', i don't really see the need to have to send the whole lot back each time and be without my required purchase for several weeks! I've also noticed that the cap securing pin is slightly migratory, although it hasn't ever looked like coming right out - yet!
However, apart from that, they do work extremely well and should last forever (apart from the rubber O ring!).
Mind you, at £60 each end, you'd expect better?
Leupold ones are very similar, only much cheaper!
MS

MS - that's odd. I emailed Wahida on the service desk when my o-ring broke and she sent me a couple in the post next day. I did just say that was what I wanted. Very annoying when they break as the lid then no longer stays shut....
Nicely engineered, but expensive. Would probably have another, given the cost of the scope and the quality of fit. Haven't bothered with the eyepiece one though.

The Leupold Aluminia covers beat all others, inc the Swaro ones, I have come across into a cocked hat.

They are really well made and fold right back against the scope tube and stay there out the way where they are much less likely to damaged.

Just a shame the scope themselves aren't better :)

just out of interest i have cable tied my rubber bikini covers on.

What is the benefit of the lens covers over that?

Your solution is not as nice to look at on a rifle looked at more than carried or shot.

SS

The cheaper ones just don't last. My rifle is carried most days, sometimes twice, and when you've paid up to a couple of grand for some decent glass, it pays to protect your investment!
MS

The swarovski covers are a nice cover they have a quality well made feel to them and a reasuring click when closed or opened and they just look good

ive had mine for about 6 months on mine with no problems but with all the will in the world i think theres a chance i will break one just a matter of time i wouldnt blame swarovski as i dont think they could engineer then any better its just one of those things and me being a heavy handed clott hehe

Back