Zeroing

Brimfire

Been a nice afternoon zeroing. Having never shot my rimfire at 100m before thought I would take it out and see what kind of legs the .22 has at 100m and I was rather surprised.

22rimfire100m.jpg

All of them touching. Pleasantly surprised with such a tiny round.

Zeroing the .30-06 with a new scope and the 3rd shot I moved the windage turret by 3/4MOA to get it closer to the bull.

30-06zeroing100m.jpg

Rather pleased with the results and looking to stick them in a ragged hole at the weekend :)

That's damn good shooting with a .22! It's a surprisingly-capable wee round if you take the time to learn it properly. What rifle do you have?

This is the only shooting site that I have an account on. You have my permission to copy the picture and post it on the other site if you so wish.

That's damn good shooting with a .22! It's a surprisingly-capable wee round if you take the time to learn it properly. What rifle do you have?

It's funny because I didn't think .22LR was capable of that accuracy at 100m. It was shot using a Sako Quad with SK Standard ammo. There was very little breeze at all when I shot that group as the windsocks were almost static..... about as near perfect conditions as one could hope for.

I've put a different scope on the Sako Quad because I was never really happy with the Bushnell on top. So I only have a 35 yard Zero at the moment but the results are far better than achievable with the Bushnell at the same 35 yard distance.

Will hopefully get out at 100m with it soon and see how it fares. 5 shot group.

Back