coming soon to yorkshire RTA deer dispatch

cookingfat

just got back from our yearly humane animal dispatch meeting with Hampshire constabulary, one of the things which came up was yorkshire was copying the way hampshire do things and are planing to start there own dispatch team.

have you guys heard anything ?

regards Anthony

RTA ANIMAL DISPATCH.

The Lincolnshire Deer Group have members who carry out this service. I'm waiting to do the course for this.

RTA.s seem to be a big problem all over the country, trouble is each constabulary seems to deal with them in different ways.

some do it in house with there firearms teams, some do nothing, and the rest use the likes of us with verying different conditions from area to area, insurance seems to be one of the big problems.

Anthony

INSURANCE FOR RTA WORK

I think the BASC will issue insurance for this type of work, I am waiting on a reply from them to find out the costs. I dont know if any member on this forum knows of any other insurance companies who issue policies for this.

B.A.S.C. tacked on an inclusion for humane despatch to my cover after a phone call to them, I'm not sure if it would apply to a response scheme set up though.

You can download the form from the BASC website for humane dispatch, it doesn't cost anything for the extra cover, you just have to ask for it and you don't have to reapply for it every year, once it's on your membership it continues as long as you're a member. I'm covered for roadside dispatch in Lincs but it only covers you for the despatch of animals that are not owned, ie were something to go wrong shooting a cow or sheep at an rta you wouldn't be covered by the BASC insurance.

The B.D.S have a good insurance policy which covers, Recreational activities of Deer stalking, conservation and Conservation management, wild boar hunting and/or the culling of wild boar, wildfowling, rabbit, pigeon and game hunting/shooting, vermin control, clay pigeon shooting, target shooting and zeroing.
HUMANE DESPATCH OF DEER or injured feral or wild animals, whether or not engaged in activities organised or arranged by the B.D.S at the time of such humane dispatch. £10,000,000 cover

what does the course consist of and what are they using to do this...

f.

I am sure Lothian and Borders use selected local guys for this kind of humane dispatch. You need to be insured up for it, though as someone other guys have pointed out.
I do not think there is any official training as such, however, I could be wrong on that. Maybe someone else could enlighten us!

there is no course or training as such in Hampshire, we where selected by the BDS and had a visit from my flo, in Hampshire we are called "HAD"S ( HUMANE ANIMAL DISPATCH ) which is not only deer but all animal which are involed in a ATR and that could be horses and cows in the new forest, and the aim point on a horse is higher than a deer or cow, something i was not awaer of, so some training my of been of use.
the deer dispatch i have been doing for years, i guess now i am no longer braking the law.

good luck to all now getting involed up and down the country.

Back