What to do when you aren't stalking

We've had 2 lambs killed by foxes in the last few days on my permission so i decided since it was such a nice evening to go out with the night scope and have a bit of a sit and see.

I caught sight of some eyes in an ajoining field to the one i was sat it so decided to try out the fox call I have on my Blackberry (Yes I know....Im a geek) but by thunder it worked. Charlie perks up and decides to head my way in a slightly round about fashion, I dont think he is entirely convinced by the call.

By the by he comes in to about 100 yards and sits down waiting to see whats what and had no idea a 58Gr express train was heading his way.

Not that I have a vested interest but these N550's are great. You can sit in perfect darkness with no lamps or visible light to give you away and nothing sees you coming.

One down, few million to go.
IMG00058-20100622-2306.jpg

I got out tonight in the hope of a fox, but had to console myself with a dozen bunnies, not sure they like the .223 :D

Neil. :)

We've had 2 lambs killed by foxes in the last few days on my permission so i decided since it was such a nice evening to go out with the night scope and have a bit of a sit and see.

I caught sight of some eyes in an ajoining field to the one i was sat it so decided to try out the fox call I have on my Blackberry (Yes I know....Im a geek) but by thunder it worked. Charlie perks up and decides to head my way in a slightly round about fashion, I dont think he is entirely convinced by the call.

By the by he comes in to about 100 yards and sits down waiting to see whats what and had no idea a 58Gr express train was heading his way.

Not that I have a vested interest but these N550's are great. You can sit in perfect darkness with no lamps or visible light to give you away and nothing sees you coming.

One down, few million to go.
View attachment 1541

is that the pulsar digisight, i was lucky to try one a couple of weeks ago, it was on an air rifle and we were after rabbits, it is a great piece of kit and looks well capable of 100m + for foxes.

did you need an adaptor to fit it to your rifle or did it mount straight to the rail.

regards
keith

is that the pulsar digisight, i was lucky to try one a couple of weeks ago, it was on an air rifle and we were after rabbits, it is a great piece of kit and looks well capable of 100m + for foxes.

did you need an adaptor to fit it to your rifle or did it mount straight to the rail.

regards
keith

Yes it is and no it doesnt, sits by deafult on a weaver rail. Its a very solid mount system and doesnt move an inch on my .243. Its worth noting tho that it is very high and you really need to adjust for it on close in shots. I would say +2 inches at 50 yards.

All in all tho good bit of kit.

Last edited:
Back