New / used Camping Rifle

Muir

I plan on doing some back country camping on my motorcycle this summer and have been contemplating a very light, compact rifle. It need not be too accurate, just handy as I don't plan on using it. One of these "C" models walked into the Trading Post this morning and I slapped my name on it.
Kel Tec CNC

Should tuck in comfortably on this. Looks like they belong together, at least.~Muir
RokonwithcarrierinyardRED.jpg

It's called a ROKON. It's hard to tell from the pic but it's all wheel drive. That black thing on the far side of the head light is the chain guard for the front wheel drive. Not fast, but will go anywhere. I removed the rear seat and mounted a cargo carrier I made for hauling gear. The horizontal tie-down rails over the rear axle are factory. I mounted a gun rack on the front tie down rack above the headlight but I think I'm going to remake it onto a quick-detach horizontal plate of ply board or aluminum held on with a couple of large wing nuts. I don't always use a long gun when I ride. (When chasing cattle I carry a pistol) I'd like to have the gun rack off when I don't need it. The Kel Tec would get lashed down in a flat case on the side rails in back, or on the cargo rack up front. Not for "quick" access, obviously. Maybe on my back? It's only 2Kg or so.

Google "rokon" and look to You-tube. Must be a thousand videos out there!~Muir

Last edited:
I thought you were going to say "Went out and found a take down H & H in 7 x 57 (Sorry if it is an H & H it would be a gentleman's Rigby 275) for $450!!!:stir: As you seem quite fortunate from time to time. Have fun with it.

Best wishes David.

I thought you were going to say "Went out and found a take down H & H in 7 x 57 (Sorry if it is an H & H it would be a gentleman's Rigby 275) for $450!!!:stir: As you seem quite fortunate from time to time. Have fun with it.

Best wishes David.

Oh man. I wish!
These Kel Tecs are 1.5MOA with open sights, for the norm. Plenty good enough for chasing varmints away from a camp-site. ...And with a 30 round mag or two, probably negative feeding incentive for a bruin.:scared:~Muir

Last edited:
Indeed! And now I have both of these ugly beasties under one roof! :scared:

The Trading Post threw in 40 rounds of Winchester FMJ ammo on the deal so if the rain quits I might shoot it tomorrow. Not expecting much but I can at least get it zeroed.~Muir

PS: I'm told that with the stock folded it will fit in a tennis racket case. That would be convenient!

Last edited:
Muir
Two quick questions, are you the best client the trading post has, and how many firearms do you own? Seems every other post involves a new rifle. You must have some that you have not fired for years.
Mick

Indeed! And now I have both of these ugly beasties under one roof! :scared:

The Trading Post threw in 40 rounds of Winchester FMJ ammo on the deal so if the rain quits I might shoot it tomorrow. Not expecting much but I can at least get it zeroed.~Muir

PS: I'm told that with the stock folded it will fit in a tennis racket case. That would be convenient!

Rain?? a buddy in ND said they had about 0.8" the other day and that's the first they have had in ages. He is in the NW part of the state which I believe is sort of towards your states boarder. Checking the weather there it says light rain clearing tomorrow and a darned sight warmer than it is here right now. I doubt it's 50 degrees F here now very wet and blowing like the dickens. It's coming in off the North sea here.

Well that "Racket" will certainly make a racket when the Loud lever is pulled.

Muir
Two quick questions, are you the best client the trading post has, and how many firearms do you own? Seems every other post involves a new rifle. You must have some that you have not fired for years.
Mick

Mick: I'd like to think I am their best customer but I doubt it. I buy the cheap stuff and fix it up. The only new gun I've purchased was that AR-10 last fall and only then because they offered me a really good price on it. How many guns do I have? I don't know. Yes, there are some that I've not shot in years :oops: and some I've never shot.:thumb:~Muir

:)thumb: was for JAYB's benefit. I bought a CZ 452 American a few years back when a local store had them at clearance prices. He was certain I'd have it shot out in a week.) ( It's still in the wrappers, John!:stir:)

:)thumb: was for JAYB's benefit. I bought a CZ 452 American a few years back when a local store had them at clearance prices. He was certain I'd have it shot out in a week.) ( It's still in the wrappers, John!:stir:)

spherical's! :tiphat:

:D

Took the Kel Tec out today after a trip the city. While there I bought some PMC "Bronze" 223 FMJ to pit against the Winchester 5.56 the Trading Post gave me.

KelTecSU16Cgroups.jpg

The PMC won in every case and just shot as well as I could hold at 25M. I ended the day by shooting clay birds at 50M. No problems. No misfires. No regrets.~Muir

Back