It's started

NigelM

Last few days rain has softened the ground up nicely, nicely enough it seems to start running the long dogs.

First bunch of Pikeys just sent off with a flea in their ear. Trouble is they're just like foxes, get rid of one and more seem to appear. It's going to be a long few months.

Yea ground nice and soft now the dogs can turn on a six pence.. Keep an eye out for the long dog scum on your ground :D

Yea ground nice and soft now the dogs can turn on a six pence.. Keep an eye out for the long dog scum on your ground :D

Obviously not a deer stalker then are we? What a stupid remark to make, and poaching with dogs on any ones ground is about as low as you can get, and shows no respect for any deer or the person that owns the ground.

I'm not surprised..re initial post. I have a farmer come asking me to reduce the deer because of this. Sad really.

Obviously not a deer stalker then are we? What a stupid remark to make, and poaching with dogs on any ones ground is about as low as you can get, and shows no respect for any deer or the person that owns the ground.

Am i missing something here not least of all in site staff being objective,
Bryn

Read it again our Malcolm then blow your nose... Regards Scarlet (Deer Stalker) and long term contributor to our forum..

Can some one tell me what is wrong with the above post. The op states why now is a time for the illegal use of long dogs then calls for us to watch out for the scum that use them. Seems OK to me.

Mulac

Can some one tell me what is wrong with the above post. The op states why now is a time for the illegal use of long dogs then calls for us to watch out for the scum that use them. Seems OK to me.

Mulac

+1 Thanks for putting that. That's the way I read it to. I don't believe for a minute that the poster was encouraging or promoting the use of dogs. I struggle to see how it could be taken any other way.

Your remarks are uncalled for and further more unwelcomed. Running dogs have no place and their use is nothing to do with deer stalking.

Our Malcolm would you be so kind as to go vent your frustration with some one else please..
It must stick in your throat that guys like me "don't" have to rely on and pay the like`s of you for Deer stalking..
Running dogs as you put it? Do have a place. But not in deer management. I do hope this makes my position quite clear to you.
I up graded some time ago..

Good I am heartened to hear that you no longer support coursing deer with running dogs. As I believe this was something you may have entertained in the past.

As for taking people such as yourself out, please do not think for one moment that I require your custom, I have more than enough clients who repeatedly use my services and have a full diary ahead of me for the coming winter. But thank you for your consideration I am most grateful.

Last edited:
Scarlet, I'm the OP. I must admit I took your reply the wrong way as well. It was the big grin at the end which to me indicated sarcasm in the last sentence. If I was wrong in my reading of it please accept my apologies. I think Malc read it exactly the same way as I did.

I run just over 100 acres of HLS conservation land. Through habitat management it now teems with wildlife, including Brown Hare. Each autumn we have the new hedges run through by 4*4's and the newly drilled wheat and barley left with tyre tracks all over it. Many farmers in the area shoot all the hare just to prevent the damage to their crop from the coursers vehicles but I refuse to do so. They have no respect for property or law and the police are not interested in the problem.

As a result, I get a bit wound up about the subject and anyone who supports it.

It is abundantly clear that no wrng was intended by the 'sixpence' post - to me at least, although it could have been taken as 'ambiguous' at worst.
If I was an independent mod on here, I would say time to close and forget. Clear mistakes made.

Back