moderator confusion (wrist slapped)

pj1

had my wrist slapped today

aparently in 2007 when i bought my 243 rifle and mod i should not have been sold the mod. it is a t8 in .30 calibre. my ticket stated it should be a .243 i told the lady concerned the t8s come in two sizes up to .24 cal and .30 cal so it was impossible to get one to match my ticket. spoke to the shop i bought it from and they said they used to just write full bore mod on the ticket to save confusion but now they have to be calibre specific.

confusing or what

regards pj

My mod for my .223 is actually for up to .25 as well.
But my FEO said not to worry, but when you sell it you can only pass it on as .223 mod ?
Seeing as it listed on my ticket as no make, no number and no calibre I think he's wrong, all I need do is
pass it on described the same way.

Neil. :)

Three blind mice.... Again.:D more demonstrations of rules & laws made up as they go. Mrs Finnbear's ticket is in for renewal, since 11th April, ran out last Monday, still no new ticket, & temp permit refused, as "not needed" "You'll be OK if you are stopped, they can check up from your EXPIRED one"

Last edited by a moderator:
Three blind mice.... Again.:D more demonstrations of rules & laws made up as they go. Mrs Finnbear's ticket is in for renewal, since 11th April, ran out last Monday, still no new ticket, & temp permit refused, as "not needed" "You'll be OK if you are stopped, they can check up from your EXPIRED one"

That last sentence seems like common-sense to me !
To issue temporary permits would only make the wait even longer.
Providing she has not been a naughty girl it will appear eventually.

HWH.

Aye , I know what you mean.
Mine is in at the moment for the 60 year holding from 1951.
I popped a `freebie` .243 on as well to get more value for my money and to keep me legal when I re-load for other local miscreants.
They told me I will not receive a clock for 60 years safe and meritorious service to the shooting community because of the cuts !

HWH.

To be honest i cant see why they cant give you a credit card type certificte with all your details on it , after all everything is on a central computer

It's something I've been saying for years, the magnetic strip on credit card could easily carry all the relevant information, even if it was to be in two parts like the driving licence, i.e. you carry the credit card bit with you but take the paper bit into RFDs for buying rifles, ammo and mods etc.

I carry a typed laminated card in my wallet with the FAC No. and permitted weapons on one side and my Shotgun Cert info on the other side.

To be honest i cant see why they cant give you a credit card type certificte with all your details on it , after all everything is on a central computer
I like the Idea, but not all outlets or RFD's hav a credit card facility to read it or if the card reader went down that may cause a few upsets especialy if you hav travelled a good way to purchase your goods and the machine has broke .... Teething probs I know but maybe in time a credit card system may be the norm

Works for the new driving licence , no need to swipe it just stamp your allowance on it and all your other details are on a national computer as they already are

Nice idea but if they cant agree on what is law and what is just what they feel like saying then we will still be in the same situation. When sending my ticket back i alsoo asked if they could give me an open ticket for the .308 seeing as i had one for the. 243. Aparenty this has been done so we shall see.

Are we not forgetting that we are all in separate fiefdoms?, what could be acceptable in one, probably would not in the next?bearing in mind how each of these mini states interpret UK law.

I like the Idea, but not all outlets or RFD's hav a credit card facility to read it or if the card reader went down that may cause a few upsets especialy if you hav travelled a good way to purchase your goods and the machine has broke .... Teething probs I know but maybe in time a credit card system may be the norm

They'll probably just microchip us like dogs :lol:, then a quick swipe with a handheld scanner in the field will tell them all they need to know about our FAC status and recent whereabouts...(that is, of course, if we haven't ALREADY been chipped when visiting the dentist or undergoing minor surgery :-|:-|). Or have I been spending too much time on the AirgunBBS :doh:?

Back