bloody freezer given up the ghost

speedystu

Got in from work at 2000hrs and her in doors informs me that she forgot to say the electric went off for 40mins at 0800 yestersday:doh::doh: oh i said:mad: did you remember to "my dear" to check the trip on the shed electrics!!:eek: Oh no I FORGOT :mad::mad::mad:, And yes i now have a freezer a quarter full of water with 10 bunnies and a near whole roe floating on the top!, And the bugger wont switch on! tried a new fuse,ran a new lead out to it, so all i can think is it BUST......:doh: off to comet for a new chest freezer and wife! lol.
If you want a job done DO IT YOURSELF.................

Got in from work at 2000hrs and her in doors informs me that she forgot to say the electric went off for 40mins at 0800 yestersday:doh::doh: oh i said:mad: did you remember to "my dear" to check the trip on the shed electrics!!:eek: Oh no I FORGOT :mad::mad::mad:, And yes i now have a freezer a quarter full of water with 10 bunnies and a near whole roe floating on the top!, And the bugger wont switch on! tried a new fuse,ran a new lead out to it, so all i can think is it BUST......:doh: off to comet for a new chest freezer and wife! lol.
If you want a job done DO IT YOURSELF.................

hi,

i wont just yet if i where you. I would clean it out and let settle for 24 hrs and retry.
some freezers stop operating in sheds when extreme weather persists as we have had.
if there is any lights on the front see if they come on.
if it has a super freeze/fast freeze press the button.
also try another fuse mate as sometimes one can be a dud.......

all the best

Frank
I had the same problem with one of my freezers
so some good advice you hav given there
I also hav just changed one of my upright freezers because it was not frost free
But I will say if your freezer is defrosting that quick in just 36 hours then it is not a freezer worth having
go spend a few bob on a more mordern and better rated one
comet will be fine but also check out the other store to see if they hav the same freezer at a different price
Price matching can save you a few quid and also check to see if they are in stock, as some stores offere a free delivery service if they are not an in store stock item

yep just tried fuse again left if for over 24 hrs now and no good! wont switch on so it is going to be a trip to comet! thanks for the replys gents!

I've got seven freezers, every one was chucked out by someone else because it didn't work! JC

Back