Landroveritis

Well when you get it stuck give me a ring and i will come and tow you out...... with a real 4x4...

I had loads of Ninteys and think they are the best thing since sliced bread, "BUT" dont discount the Suzy's.
I had a fling with a sj 1.3 once , you just couldn't get it stuck ! not much elbow room though and it was hard shooting from it single handed .
Another small car that impressed me was the diahatsu terrios i had a night out lamping with one of those it seemed to go anywhere too. DF

Now cured of 30+ years of Landroveritis!, pick up the Jimny next Friday!:rofl:
Welcome to the Jimmy club,a very capable little offroader
DSC02363.jpg

Cheers, Pete.

I have had both and my Jimny auto was £400 a year to tax and done over 22mpg very rarely, so inefficient... too small but able and easy to work on. But a Defender is an Icon which no ricemobile will ever be,

Steve, I have had two jimny's now, and sadly to say you are never cured of Landroveritis, you just go in to remission.

You will notice your wallet stays full for longer, and the spanners will gather dust, mainly as you will have nowhere to carry them ;)

If you feel the need to uprate the jimny to make it more off-roady, and they are damn capable already (having a rear diff-lock) have a look at these sites;
http://www.kapsuzuki4x4.co.uk/
http://www.rhinorays.co.uk/

Yours from a fellow sufferer, Simon

Edit; Have seen the above post and can tell you both mine have been auto's and do around 36mpg dodging around, more on a run.

S.

Last edited:
Hvae to say , had the 90/disco's and went for the shogun, isuzu and landcruiser after for family comfort and reliability. Mistake , back to the 90's now. gave her a wash last w/end as I'd had her a year :rofl:.
Parts are cheap and it goes were it is meant. Never had a Jimmy though so can't comment. They do look small though, will need an organised man I reckon

ONE LIFE LIVE IT . . . . . . . why spend your weekends under a landy bonnet :rofl:

Last edited:
I disposed of my Disco 3 last week. Just got sick of the sluggishness combined with 25mph, £440 road tax and a dealer network who are fecking bandits.

Went back to an estate car, if I find I really miss the large 4x4 I will pick up a cheap jap pickup for stalking and lamping etc.

I had to tow my mates shogun out of a grass field today, he just couldnt get traction, the disco pulled him out no problem,

Finbear, you are right! Having had Landrovers myself, I can say that a Jimny is indeed a cure. My manual is cheap to run and has never been stuck, even with it's road/offroad mix tyres. So light it just sit's on top of the mire rather than seeking grip deeper down.

Only downsides I can see are slightly less load space and less towing capacity.

On the plus side, faster, more economical, more reliable, more comfortable, greater front leg room, central locking, windows that open and close at the touch of a button, mirrors that adjust likewise, Doors that don't swing back on your shins,,,,,,,shall I go on?

There are just to many flaws with Land Rovers that have never been addressed. If they were I'd drive one again.

i,ve got a land rover 101 converted as a expedition camper for the family/shooting bus for me, spent alot of time and money on her but finaly got everything done, i,m now in the market for a 110 double cab for the the family but as for a jimmy i might buy our lass one but not a man's car.lol

You did yoursef a favor, landrovers :rofl: I thought i could live with them......NOT! Overpriced skips ! Jap comfort, reliability, economy all the way & something i can get in & out of , discovery rot box,defender made for a 1950's man , when are they going to learn from our pasific buddy's . I recently got a cherokee too, better than any £20k+ Range rover i tried, for a fraction of the cost.

You did yoursef a favor, landrovers :rofl: I thought i could live with them......NOT! Overpriced skips ! Jap comfort, reliability, economy all the way & something i can get in & out of , discovery rot box,defender made for a 1950's man , when are they going to learn from our pasific buddy's . I recently got a cherokee too, better than any £20k+ Range rover i tried, for a fraction of the cost.

That's why anyone with decent amounts of money drives a Land Cruiser, Shogun or Cherokee, not. Range Rovers are £80k+ for a reason. Sure the defender isn't all that comfortable, but its designed for work, not shopping. Reliability I've never found to be an issue, especially with the engines, the 200 and 300 tdi's are bullet proof. Economy isn't brilliant but its way better than my 2008 model Navara which is horrific on fuel. But as for a Cherokee being better than any Range Rover, well I've had a comfier ride on a horse and trap than my mates Cherokee, talk about bone shaker, do they have dampers ?

The little Suzy will be great on road and off but you'll wish you had more space and the engines are a little under powered. Also they're petrol, which as we all know don't cope well with water. If economy is what your after you've got it on the fuel side, but if your not handy with the spanners they're not as easy to work on as a Land Rover, which is basically a big mechano set.

I'm sure the rice burner will serve you well but I bet your back to a Land Rover within 2 years.

Tom

Never had a Jimney, but did have 3 SJ s and and a vitara, wife still has a Grand Vitara, none of them ever gave any trouble I would still have one if not for the fact that they just are not big enough for my needs.

I used to be a green oval owner but I am well cured of that affliction.

Back