Beautiful Lochcarron stalking pictures.

Bill Bartlett

Thought I would post these pictures for my nephew David Macdonald who shot this beautiful stag today with the island of Skye in the background...

Nice pics Bill and an outstanding background.Hows the rut up with you?Was out on Thursday but no sign at all yet,only some hinds with no stags at all.

Nice pics Bill and an outstanding background.Hows the rut up with you?Was out on Thursday but no sign at all yet,only some hinds with no stags at all.

Hi, Dave - the Red stags seem to be getting underway at last. Though the same situation over here on the west with several estates seeing plenty of hinds with no stag present or indeed much roaring. Sika seem to be more or less past with the odd area seeing plenty of action and others hardly anything at all. Best regards to you all. Bill.

Hopefully the colder weather forecast for next week will make a change,as not much time left.The opposite with the roe rut which seemed to start in full swing overnight and went on for long enough.Seems that most places were very start stop so we were quite lucky.All are fine here and hope likewise.Remember if you are ever down this way give us a bell and take the shotgun.

.........nothing to be jealous about; if you look closely there are clouds in the third picture, that must have took the shine off the day!!

.........nothing to be jealous about; if you look closely there are clouds in the third picture, that must have took the shine off the day!!

:rofl:

Great result, beautiful stag, beautiful surroundings.....Is a shame about the clouds though you must be gutted :lol:

Look forward to it mate - haven't fired the gun for ages now. My shoulder ached for days after that fabulous day at the Pigeons...

Nice pictures Bill. You and your nephew must have had a wonderful day day out on the hill looking at the weather. I'm off to Glen Lyon next Sunday for the last three days of the stags and hopefully the rut will be going hammers and tongues over there. Reports here on Deeside have been rather mixed but it has been rather mild and wet.

Nice pictures Bill. You and your nephew must have had a wonderful day day out on the hill looking at the weather. I'm off to Glen Lyon next Sunday for the last three days of the stags and hopefully the rut will be going hammers and tongues over there. Reports here on Deeside have been rather mixed but it has been rather mild and wet.

Hello Paul - as you know Lochcarron and Plocton are beautiful places - on a nice day you can hardly beat it. Best of luck in Glen Lyon....

Back