steyr SM12

rem284

Posted this a while a go but did not get a lot of feed back. Has any one been using the SM12 and whats your thoughts on them

Had a SM12SX in 25-06 now for 9 months.Fantastic trigger and safety,really smooth cycling,not too heavy barrel which shoots 1/2in all day long with 75gr v-max.Some people don't like the look of the stock but who cares,it's comfortable,stiff and takes a bi-pod well,although saying that I just added a cheek riser from a mates redundant Tikka stock and now it's perfect.I also shoot from quad sticks,gates,trees and anything else I can lean on,with no change in accuracy.Bit of a bargain if you ask me.Hope that helps a little.
Nick

Had a SM12SX in 25-06 now for 9 months.Fantastic trigger and safety,really smooth cycling,not too heavy barrel which shoots 1/2in all day long with 75gr v-max.Some people don't like the look of the stock but who cares,it's comfortable,stiff and takes a bi-pod well,although saying that I just added a cheek riser from a mates redundant Tikka stock and now it's perfect.I also shoot from quad sticks,gates,trees and anything else I can lean on,with no change in accuracy.Bit of a bargain if you ask me.Hope that helps a little.
Nick
Hi Nick.
I don`t suppose you know if the stock will fit my Prohunter ?

Hi Nick.
I don`t suppose you know if the stock will fit my Prohunter ?
Sorry,can't tell,my pro hunter has a smaller action but doing that doesn't give you the sexy trigger and sliding safe.Other than that though all else looks like it would work.
Nick

Back