Petition to ban fireworks

Would have disagreed with you until tonight.

We have had lots of dogs over the years without any problems but tonight my two year old retreived was clealry very stressed.. not nice to see.

With three dogs sat here in the lounge I wouldnt want to stop any family and friends having a get together and enjoying fireworks responsibly.

However kids setting them of in the streets etc is another story...

Why can they not be restricted to NOV 5TH?, and proper venues for other celebrations?, it's like fe**i'n world war two here!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:, got a new rescue dog here, just come into preoestrus too!:dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy:

Thought I would post a link to this as I am sure I'm not alone in having a dog that suffers terribly during fireworks. Can't see why people can't go to organised displays, a and e will be full tonight.

Maybe we should have a referendum? Then when the vote to ban is the inevitable resut we can have them banned.

Maybe we should have a referendum? Then when the vote to ban is the inevitable resut we can have them banned.

Official firework displays only.That works for me. I can't think what the poor folk thought when we let off our penny banger as children...
Noisy squibs, my lab has been barking every time he hears a booooooom..and not a gun in sight..

Felix, these idiots that seem to think parachute flares/ battlefield illuminators ... are fireworks in the general sense need to get a grip!... living near a wedding venue (3 miles), life can get a bit wearing at 3 am!

Last edited by a moderator:
Official firework displays only.That works for me

It don't work for me. Too much like Communist Eastern Europe. State organised this, state organised that. Yes there a pain in the arse, it's like the Battle of the Somme some times, but a few rockets and Roman candles for the kids...even bangers...in the back garden is part of live and let live. Some have not the time, the money, nor as they get older (think eighty year old grandmothers) the constitution for standing in a cold field to share in a public display.

Does no one else see the delicious irony in shooters being encouraged to sign a petition to ban things that unexpectedly go bang?

:coat:

Last edited:
luckily all the labs dont seem too bad and they're outdoors had to bring the GSD in though .
I'd like it to be NOV 5TH ONLY though .we have a hotel just up the lane which had fireworks every weekend for weddings the parish counsil had it stopped !! superb :cool:
Norma

Does no one else see the delicious irony in shooters being encouraged to sign a petition against things that unexpectedly make a loud noise?

:coat:

was going to say the same thing. Especially as will probably fire 200+ carts at the clay ground tomorrow

Funny thoigh ugh my old border is sat here shaking my cocker is going mad running around looking for birds

IMG_3104.jpg

What hacks me off is that as soon as someone decides they don't like it they want to get a petition up to ban it.Train your dogs better

Back