Here we go, licensing will soon be here

rodp

In yesterdays paper, and it hasn't taken some fame seeking MP long to jump on the bandwagon

Staggering: Air guns used in 524 crimes in West Midlands Star

No mention of what the "gun crimes" actually were, could have been kids plinking by the cut, someone making a noise with one in the garden etc, etc. Also no mention of how many knife crimes and what percentage of those punctured the skin, or broken skin as a result of domestics, pub fights, road rage etc.

Glory seeking MP's are a pain. Needs someone a little more eloquent than me to bring the paper to task over this, or at least in the letters page. :mad:

Its already coming to Scotland, despite overwhelming numbers of objectors to the proposals. But then our politician's have no concept of democracy. They apparently really won the independence referendum by getting fewer votes...

We already have plenty of legislation to govern misuse of air weapons on the statute. Shoot one at somebody you are likely to be dealt with very severely under firearms and good old fashioned GBH type offences.

We already have plenty of legislation to govern misuse of air weapons on the statute. Shoot one at somebody you are likely to be dealt with very severely under firearms and good old fashioned GBH type offences.

Very true, however these minor points were not considered by MacAskill and company. Not as many votes in pointing out that legislation already in place treats shooting people as Very Naughty.

In my opinion it is all about winning votes. The politicians are aware that shooters are in the minority and any new laws that appear to make it tough on shooting are a vote winner. It is unfortunate that most of the public do not understand that there is no connection between licensing and gun crime. As Rich Hall said "poll" means smooth and "ticks" are blood sucking parasites.

In my opinion it is all about winning votes. The politicians are aware that shooters are in the minority and any new laws that appear to make it tough on shooting are a vote winner. It is unfortunate that most of the public do not understand that there is no connection between licensing and gun crime. As Rich Hall said "poll" means smooth and "ticks" are blood sucking parasites.

Very true. We have too many politicians of the type who would sell their grannies down at Aberdeen harbour on a Saturday night if they thought there would be a few votes in doing so.

Nail head hit
By

Showed my dad how good the finishing nail guns are nowadays's by holding 2 pieces of wood together and firing what I thought was a 51mm nail through them only to feel the nail come through the tip of my finger , it was a 63mm . I wonder how many people hurt themselves with nail guns , bet you it's a lot more than airgun accidents.

Back