Patience pays off with the muntjac buck

willie_gunn

Like yesterday, there didn't seem to be much around this morning.

Eventually, around 06:30, I saw the muntjac buck on the far side of the cover crop field:

_DJR5409_zpsfk5xpziy.jpg

He slowly....oh so slowly....made his way across the field, grazing all the time, until finally making it to my side. Unfortunately he disappeared into the wood, not to be seen again, but at least I had the chance to capture a few shots:

_DJR5426_zps3cpl7s8v.jpg

_DJR5431_zpszt6hhuvc.jpg

_DJR5433_zpslsatthha.jpg

_DJR5435_zps6ounjsyb.jpg

_DJR5436_zpso5vfh2v8.jpg

I like the ones with the Hare in Dom, they give a good size comparison. There is many a person in the UK who would think they were on safari overseas to see sights like that, it's a shame that so many have very little idea of what surrouds them.

John

I like the ones with the Hare in Dom, they give a good size comparison. There is many a person in the UK who would think they were on safari overseas to see sights like that, it's a shame that so many have very little idea of what surrouds them.

John

John

I know.

Every morning when I go out there's invariably something to see, whether flora, fauna or something else.

With the beautiful mornings we've been having recently I caught this image as I walked back up the track to home.

You really just have to keep your eyes open to appreciate what Nature provides!

_DJR4476_2.jpg

Attachments

• _DJR4476_2.jpg
    _DJR4476_2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 9

John

Is that not a rabbit?!

Dom,

I take it that is your 300 mm lens with the new Nikon, good detail and a lovely blue sky.

John

John

I know.

Every morning when I go out there's invariably something to see, whether flora, fauna or something else.

With the beautiful mornings we've been having recently I caught this image as I walked back up the track to home.

You really just have to keep your eyes open to appreciate what Nature provides!

View attachment 69912

Back