Secondhand glass

arboretumcv

Hi All

i want to get some better quality glass for my stalking rifle. I have the chance to by 10 year old swarovski habitch 8x50 it is in good condition. What advice would people give me ?

thanks

jimbob

If your happy with the magnification and objective lense size then go for it. There as good as any modern alternative, just a little heavier.

Matt.

Go for it mate. I have just bought a Swarovski Habitch 6x42 it must be 15 years old at least it is brilliant £150. When you think that is about the cost of a basic Bushnell brand new.
Tusker

Was in Ladds Crediton last week he had a 8x56 Habitch and was near as mint (slightest of ring marks) steel tube 1" £450.

So £500 is a bit too much.

D

Hi All

i want to get some better quality glass for my stalking rifle. I have the chance to by 10 year old swarovski habitch 8x50 it is in good condition. What advice would people give me ?

thanks

jimbob
If it is 10 years old, then it should still have 20 years warranty left which is transferrable to new owner! Just go onto Swaro website and register the serial number to yourself! Then it is effectively as good as new! This gives you some 'peace of mind' when buying used glass of that price and quality.
I just did the same with some used EL 8.5 x 42 Bino's which I promptly dropped and broke! Off they went to Austria and came back fixed and refurbished with all the missing rubber caps replaced too!
That's partly why they cost so much in the first place though eh?
MS

Back