Contact Lenses

paul dillon

Hi all
Have just finnished a 5 day trial with daily contact lenses had to have a two yearly eye test so ask the Optician about the daily contacts wear once and throw away must admit that a bit fiddly to put in but there is a difference than wearing Glasses that steam up or get covered in rain not been stalking in them yet will try to get out on the weekend but i have used the .17 hmr on the Rabbits with no problem :rolleyes: :lol:

ATB
Paul D

Paul

Try the 30 day ones, you wear them day an night and only take them out once a week.

I've worn them for years and have no problems with them plus you dont have to worry about them when you are getting up at 3am to go stalking.

I use 30 day ones, except I take mine out at night.
Can't fault them and cheaper than the daily ones.

I've worn 30 day lenses for over 15 years now with no problems. I remember having trouble putting them in and out when I started but that soon goes, along with the initial squeamishness. They give you much better peripheral vision than glasses, make using binoculars easier, don't collect raindrops, don't mist up, and don't slip down your nose when you're using a scope. I don't understand why everyone who can doesn't use them in preference to glasses.

+1 for contacts! As soon as I could afford 'em, I ditched my glasses, and now only wear them if I have to (eg conjunctivitis plus contacts is NOT a good combo.....:().

All the plus points have been covered already, but also when I put me specs on I make Bill Gates look like a hot night out :doh:.... First pair I had were real cheap uns (I was a hard-up student at the time; granted, I was hard-up 'cos I'd spent most of it on cider in the student bars, but you have to get your priorities right don't you?), and bloody awful - I handed them in at the Opticians when I got a new pair to get sent to Africa, and I bet they sent them straight back!!!:lol::lol:

I wear focus dailies up to 18 hours a day without problems, only downside is as I get older my near sighted vision gets worse so I need reading glasses for books. A couple of considerations, I stop blinking when I am really concentrating I find my left contact will just pop out... I am right eye dominant and this happens maybe twice a year but it is annoying because it always happens as I am about to take a shot (Cue scrabbling in pockets for a spare) I can only put it down to not blinking. Also I had both contacts get flushed away from my eyes once in torrential rain, blink a few times and they come back in place but yep - again as I was about to take *the* shot.

Despite this I would not give them up. I have looked at laser surgery at 250 quid an eye but mine (Plus everyone I speak to) must be special as surgery is going to be just under 3k for me and I can get a lot of rifle for 3k....

I wear focus dailies up to 18 hours a day without problems, only downside is as I get older my near sighted vision gets worse so I need reading glasses for books. A couple of considerations, I stop blinking when I am really concentrating I find my left contact will just pop out... I am right eye dominant and this happens maybe twice a year but it is annoying because it always happens as I am about to take a shot (Cue scrabbling in pockets for a spare) I can only put it down to not blinking. Also I had both contacts get flushed away from my eyes once in torrential rain, blink a few times and they come back in place but yep - again as I was about to take *the* shot.

Despite this I would not give them up. I have looked at laser surgery at 250 quid an eye but mine (Plus everyone I speak to) must be special as surgery is going to be just under 3k for me and I can get a lot of rifle for 3k....

250 quid per eye??:eek: Blimey, what do they do for that - shine a torch in yer peepers, sandpaper the fronts of yer eyeballs, and then send you on the way with 2 aspirin???

I don't know anyone that has been charged less than 2 grand for getting them done....;)

250 quid per eye??:eek: Blimey, what do they do for that - shine a torch in yer peepers, sandpaper the fronts of yer eyeballs, and then send you on the way with 2 aspirin???

I don't know anyone that has been charged less than 2 grand for getting them done....;)
Exactly! I keep seeing the adverts on TV and in the papers telling you they will do each eye for GBP250-350 but I am yet to find anyone who has had it done for under GBP2500 - we must all have the wrong sort of eyes!

Back