Dunalastair Estate?

White Hart

Afternoon all,

Has anyone been stalking on the Dunalastair Estate? I was lucky enough to win a day there in an auction at a charity do along with two nights at a nearby hotel...

Really looking forward to it! Only downside is that the Mrs will be unsupervised at the House of Bruar.....

It would be nice to hear anyone's experience that's been.

WH

I've not personally stalked there, but my grandfather shot his one and only stag there. It's a lovely part of the world and I would recommend taking a run out to Rannoch Station while you are there. Go out on the north side of Loch Rannoch and come back by the south side of the loch.

Have fun.

JCS

Yup nice part of the world & beautiful over Rannoch moor. I've stalked on Corrour but not Dunalastair although when it was open, we stayed at the Dunalastair hotel, Kinloch Rannoch several times. Was a nice place, but not sure if it's open now.

Last edited:
JCS

Thanks for the info and what a fantastic memory that must have been for your grandfather.

I will remember your recommendation for when I'm up there.

WH

Deeangeo

The hotel I'm staying at is in Killicrankie, but I do believe there is some type of accommodation on Dunalastair Estate still.

WH

Deeangeo

The hotel I'm staying at is in Killicrankie, but I do believe there is some type of accommodation on Dunalastair Estate still.

WH

I've never stalked on Dunalastair WH, but been all around the Rannoch area a good number of times. Stalked hinds on Corrour a few years ago and enjoyed w/ends in the area with my wife. Beautiful part of Scotland. You can't do it all in a short time, but as JCS said, the run out to Rannoch station and a train ride across Corrour estate is a great way to see a lot. You could always have a word with young Rowantree, Corrour estate stalker when your wallet fattens up again & book up on a truly fabulous estate. Enjoy.

Beautiful part of the world. I'm jealous.

Take in the Pass of Killiecrankie, Queens View (overlooking Loch Tummel) and the fishing is also superb - the stretch below the dam at Pitlochry used to be owned by the local Church (I think) and from the dam to the footbridge you could get a days fishing for a contribution / donation to the church.

There are some stonking perch in Loch Tummel too.

All may have changed - but the scenery will not have.

Enjoy.

Back