Bone Saw/Pull Saw

Bushwear own brand saw, £7.50 i think , i have used one for two seasons now and have found it great value.

yeah they are a handy tool,i use a gerber e z saw,your knife will hold its edge for longer not touching any bone

+1 on the David Stretton 4.5" breastbone saw, it's a bit pricy @ £20.00 but works well.

Gerber for me, tried the Dave Stretton Saw and sold it.

At first I struggled with the Stretton saw until I got the knack, you have to pull very sharply without putting too much weight on it and it zips through no trouble, certainly quicker than the back and forth gerber motion.

I got a load of stick for paying £20 from a certain couple of members on here though, they swear by their Lidl £2.99 pruning saws! :D

A 2 pounds plasterboard saw got them in a pound shop, does the job for me.
Martin

£2 saw in a pound shop, interesting!:lol: I got the David Stretton one, not overyly impressed, it doesn't like getting gummed up with tissue, and if the handle gets bloody it gets so slippy that I really struggle on the reds, fine for munty/roe, but then you can normally do them with a good knife, £20 odd is over priced IMHO, I'd head for the DIY shop personally or the garden centre and get a pruning saw.

I found a gerber saw in the bushes of a house I moved into.
used it ever since!
good stainless blade, plastic handle, strippable and folding.....and free

£2 saw in a pound shop, interesting!:lol: I got the David Stretton one, not overyly impressed, it doesn't like getting gummed up with tissue, and if the handle gets bloody it gets so slippy that I really struggle on the reds, fine for munty/roe, but then you can normally do them with a good knife, £20 odd is over priced IMHO, I'd head for the DIY shop personally or the garden centre and get a pruning saw.

Does that mean yours is for sale?

Back