Scammed by Amazon again!!!

Cyres

In 2015 I was caught by the Amazon prime trick but after some time managed to get the money back.

Today got caught out again on the free P@P

No 2 son wants a casio watch for X mas but can only track one down on Amazon, £53 and free P@P so having navigated past the multiple Prime tick boxs which automatically default to buy prime managed to buy it only to find there was £4 pp on it. Any was so ****ed off by the whole process just completed purchase.

I was annoyed so went back into the ad and it should of been free P@P just that you have to go through a series of non clear steps to obtain it.

It seems that Amazon does everything to extract the last penny from customer whilst as a company strives to pay minimal UK tax.

I loath using Amazon but in this case had to buy from them, never again if I can help it.

D

In 2015 I was caught by the Amazon prime trick but after some time managed to get the money back.

No 2 son wants a casio watch for X mas but can only track one down on Amazon, £53 and free P@P so having navigated past the multiple Prime tick boxs which automatically default to buy prime managed to buy it only to find there was £4 pp on it. Any was so ****ed off by the whole process just completed purchase.

I was annoyed so went back into the ad and it should of been free P@P just that you have to go through a series of non clear steps to obtain it.

It seems that Amazon does everything to extract the last penny from customer whilst as a company strives to pay minimal UK tax.

I loath using Amazon but in this case had to buy from them, never again if I can help it.

D

I think its something worth embracing... I pay £7 per month for Prime.. I can order something on a Saturday evening and it is delivered on sunday and usually cheaper than anywhere else!Then there is Grand Tour... worth £7 a month for that on its own!!

I bought some Hornady Lock Rings for dies at £7.50 from Amazon. They were delivered direct from the supplier with no p&p charge. I next got an Email from the supplier asking for feedback with a link to the product and found that their price is £4.60.
I did subscribe to Prime at one time, but found that most of what I ever ordered, did not qualify for it.

Just to add to the "amusing" Amazon stories...... My dear Mother in law ordered a kettle from said Amazon (usual all singing and all dancing one, exclusive etc!) . When it arrived, there were holes all over the box....... Funnily enough ....this was where some bright spark had cut out the "Argos" names from the genuine Argos kettle! Cheaper in Argos strangely enough!

i have a amazon firebox with no subscription to prime. the bloody thing was forever popping up messages saying do you want prime? and one of my kids clicked yes.

i got a full refund but they are just a pain in the arse.

I am a heavy user of Amazon and generally I find their service excellent.

Just this weekend they pointed out to me that, with Prime membership, I also get free access to Amazon Video and Amazon Music.

For many of the books and videos I've bought in the past I've picked them up secondhand from the Amazon Marketplace at a considerable saving, so whilst doubtless I could save a couple of pounds when buying some items new by going to Staples or Argos, as that would involve a 30 mile round trip by car I think I'll stick with Amazon.

I agree, if you don't want prime you don't have to use that option!!

I found that it is not so simple to identify the option.

I selected a bunch of items...specifically all those that offered "free" delivery, i.e. delivery included in the price...when it came to check out I was asked "do you want free delivery"...so I clicked yes because that was one of the critieria by which I had made my selection...and discovered I was signed up for Prime. You have to say, no I want standard delivery, and then it turns out that "standard" for those items is "free" or included and they credit you with the delivery charge, really round about...quite deliberate in their attempt to get you to join Prime.

Having sorted that out I am now doubly wary.

On another whinge about Amazon and its market place sellers...if you want a VAT receipt you have to email every one of the sellers to ask for one. Amazon will nowadays (since the tax avoidance scandals) supply one if it is an item supplied directly by them, but it is really difficult/time consuming to sort out only those items supplied by Amazon...it would be great to be able to specify that you don't want to see items from the market place sellers...

Alan

+1 for the prime service offering - doesn't take too much to be quids in on postage alone, if you buy much on line and the TV and video knocks Sky onto a cocked hat.

But that said, I too am sick of internet selling techniques that mean you shop with a beer or three in the hand at your peril - caveat emptor!:popcorn:

+1 for the prime service offering - doesn't take too much to be quids in on postage alone, if you buy much on line and the TV and video knocks Sky onto a cocked hat.

But that said, I too am sick of internet selling techniques that mean you shop with a beer or three in the hand at your peril - caveat emptor!:popcorn:

Sadly our broadband is too slow to take advantage of any TV or other Streaming service. We usually have to download something during the day and play it back with iPlayer later.

Alan

I don't order much of anything online, but i got caught out by Amazon yesterday, i clicked the wrong link and inadvertently signed up for Prime, free trial for 30 days, so i will make use of it and then end my membership, it's just not worth it for me.
Other than that, Amazon have always provided a good service.
I just hope Prime is easy to cancel via my account.
Cheers
Richard

I don't order much of anything online, but i got caught out by Amazon yesterday, i clicked the wrong link and inadvertently signed up for Prime, free trial for 30 days, so i will make use of it and then end my membership, it's just not worth it for me.
Other than that, Amazon have always provided a good service.
I just hope Prime is easy to cancel via my account.
Cheers
Richard

It is Richard, just turn off auto renew although I'm pretty sure you lose access as soon as you do it so leave it as long as you can

I live in a remote area of Spain and buy from Amazon and ask for the one day delivery and pay extra ,it is not possible to deliver in one day so it is always late I then complain and delivery is refunded,so I get free delivery.
I cannot understand how any business can continue offering this service when it always costs them money,I actually got embarrassed by it and stopped ordering.

Tony

Amazon is taking over the world. With as much business as it does, it's a cinch that there will be some bad experiences. But to be fair it's all been good for me. Although, by mistake my wife joined prime. She didn't realise for a year and then called them when the £79 or whatever it is disappeared from her account. They refunded it along with the previous year's subscription as they could see it hadn't been used.

Another 'heavy' Prime user here, save a fortune in postage and as a lot of people have said, its really convenient ordering something friday and having it arrive saturday morning. Other half shares my Prime membership so gets her crap delivered free too, theres quite a lot of decent TV/film with Prime (someone mentioned The GT as an example).

If I ever have a problem with anything e.g. a delivery is late I just email them telling them its not the standard of service I expect having paid for Prime - and they add a month on to my subscription.

D

It isn't a scam, it is you not paying attention to what you are doing ;)

I have not been caught by it, and to be honest I cant see how you could sign up by mistake.
Also you have ½ an hour from delivery of invoice to cancel anything you may have inadvertently bought signed up for.

Neil. :)

It isn't a scam, it is you not paying attention to what you are doing ;)

I have not been caught by it, and to be honest I cant see how you could sign up by mistake.
Also you have ½ an hour from delivery of invoice to cancel anything you may have inadvertently bought signed up for.

Neil. :)

Aren't you the lucky one! :)

If not a scam it is definitely misleading, and certainly not as straightforward as the rest of the site psychology, which is great.

Half an hour window to cancel is not the case with Prime. I searched fairly diligently, and for what its is worth when I eventually contacted customer service they agreed and did not quibble when I said I could not find a way to cancel Prime.

Have you "honestly" considered the scenario I outlined whereby having chosen "free delivery" items I was presented with tick boxes with no mention of Prime but "do you want free delivery"?

Alan

Back