Pulsar DNV battery pack.

Does anyone know where there selling the new DNV battery packs , these are for there Thermal imager's ,they replace the 4 aa's
Thanks

£34.95 +p&p at Scott Country.
See below:
The New Pulsar DNV Battery pack is a self contained power source for the Quantum models of thermal imager

The DNV battery pack is fully rechargeable and comes with its own charger as standard, and has a full charge time of 6 hours.

Can be used as an alternative/ extra power source.

Shipping Monday 10th October

£34.95 +p&p at Scott Country.
See below:
The New Pulsar DNV Battery pack is a self contained power source for the Quantum models of thermal imager

The DNV battery pack is fully rechargeable and comes with its own charger as standard, and has a full charge time of 6 hours.

Can be used as an alternative/ extra power source.

Shipping Monday 10th October
They look just the same as the cartridges(2) that are supplied with the thermal imagers. I have EPS 3's for both the HD50 spotter and the 870 lrf Digisight.

They will look similar, because they fit in the same place. The EPS 3's are fine if you're hunting from a seat, but bulky if you're stalking, or just want to drop the spotter into your pocket.

If these are just carrying 4 rechargeable batteries, why pay so much? Just charge up your batteries and carry the spare cartridge of charged batteries. The last Duracell AAs that I bought(if they weren't fakes), cost 25p each. I only use them in the Photon.
You certainly need a big pocket, or bag, if the EPS 3 is attached to your spotter.

Last edited:
JIO

I have lots of rechargeable batteries BUT these do not work in the thermal I have (pulsar qx 50)
Scotts country have a delivery today and they think they have sold them all with back orders.

There's no reason why rechargeable batteries should not work in the XQ50. Been running Kentli in XQ50 and 38 with no issue. Feel free to drop me a PM - may also be able to help with the DNV packs

After speaking with Scotts country not all rechargeable batts will work, its all to do with the thickness of the insulation,
but as joe soapy says Ansmann works well , so there's a few on there way to me.
Cheers for input.

The problem with rechargeable AA's is that most are 3mm larger than standard AA battery this causes the battery holder to bulge slightly, and contacts sometimes do not meet, this can most of the time be remedied by rotating the batteries in the holder with your thumbs and try again until it sits right, it can be a pain in the ass to be honest. Ansmaan now do batteries that are standard size albeit lower in capacity, you could also use disposables.

But the DNV packs are in stock still here. http://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/pulsar-dnv-battery-pack-nimh

I bought the biggest Ansmann I could get, the 2850's, and they're great. I tried the 2500's, but they are marginally longer, and they spread the carrier apart too much.

The design of the standard battery carrier is appalling, especially the early carriers using springs on the + terminals. I also found that the carrier tends to want to spit the batteries out a little, so I always use masking tape around them, and this solved 99% of the batteries appearing not to work.

Because you can't charge with the batteries in situ, both the carries, and the battery insulation deteriorate over time, causing more unreliability.

The new rechargeables should solve all these issues, but I'll see how long they last, 2300 milliamp, compared to the 2850's I've been using.

My DNV from Scott Country came today. I have to say the charger is a pretty funky design!
The biggest reason I am pleased to get one is that I have been using an EPS3 up until now, but with the EPS 3, you can't attach a neck strap to the mounts. Problem solved and my EPS3 can go back on my Apex!

My DNV from Scott Country came today. I have to say the charger is a pretty funky design!
The biggest reason I am pleased to get one is that I have been using an EPS3 up until now, but with the EPS 3, you can't attach a neck strap to the mounts. Problem solved and my EPS3 can go back on my Apex!

If you fit an extender to the mounting rail you can still use the neck strap in conjunction with the EPS3.
Saying that its poor that Pulsar could not design components that were compatible with each other in the first place!

Back