Eu reff defeated by goverment

CWMMAN3738

Am i in the minority or are we at the stage where goverement in this country dose what suits it's MP and not the people they represent?
Maybe im wrong but i thought that MP were ellected to do what the people want not what lines their pockets with brown envilopes, it's about time the people of this country were listened to, refferendums are a good thing and no goverment should be able to stifle the voice of the people in this manner but it seems the age old idea that we won't make a fuss is being used by those elected to do what the hell they like regardless of what the people want, if this had been about human rights or something simmilar they would have pushed it through but to allow the people of this country to decide their future for themselves is a totally alien idea to the parties governing our fine land.
I'm not a nut just pi**ed of with them thinking that once electeed they can do what the hell they like and the people can't or won't stop them.

Let's face it, politicians promised gold and diamonds to get elected, then when in office, they do whatever the fok they want and truly don't care about the people they 'represent'. one party is as bad as the other.

If only we had someone with some big balls to step in, represent the best interest of the people, understand what actually matters from an economic perspective, and LEAD the country!

Am i in the minority or are we at the stage where goverement in this country dose what suits it's MP and not the people they represent?
Maybe im wrong but i thought that MP were ellected to do what the people want not what lines their pockets with brown envilopes, it's about time the people of this country were listened to, refferendums are a good thing and no goverment should be able to stifle the voice of the people in this manner but it seems the age old idea that we won't make a fuss is being used by those elected to do what the hell they like regardless of what the people want, if this had been about human rights or something simmilar they would have pushed it through but to allow the people of this country to decide their future for themselves is a totally alien idea to the parties governing our fine land.
I'm not a nut just pi**ed of with them thinking that once electeed they can do what the hell they like and the people can't or won't stop them.

Its called a parliamentary democracy they want your vote promise you the earth then do as they please, always been this way doubtless always will be this way.

Are you advocating the restoration of the monarchy the politicians are now as corrupt as the system they were introduced to replace!
What we need is a leader who isn't afraid to stand up and be counted, and say what the majority thinks even more so if it isn't PC.

Its called a parliamentary democracy they want your vote promise you the earth then do as they please, always been this way doubtless always will be this way.
I think a "parliamentary democracy" is where you get no say on political matters, apart from a very remote bit of delegating every 5 years or so, whereas in a "democracy" like they have in Switzerland you do get opportunities to actively participate in shaping the country's laws on an ongoing basis.

Sadly, one of the floors of Parliamentary democracy is that we elect MPs to make decisions and legislate for us, not to do as we would like. The fact they don't do as they promise in the run up to elections is sadly irrelevant when parliament is sitting and we only get a chance to do something when it is election time, namely, when pariliament has been disolved and isn't sitting.

Last edited:

Never been any different from what I have experienced.

A bigger bunch of liars and thieves one is hard pushed to find, Bankers excepted of course.

No morals, scruples or thoughts except to grab as much as they can for as long as they can.

They will all still be living 5 star while we fight over a few candles.

And as for Europe, it's just like an extension to Napoleons dream, taking over everything and everyone in sight.

What a shambles!

Only time you are needed is for the vote at election time, reality is they are all devious lying scumbags....remember the expenses scandal It showed the true colours.
A politician should be someone who DOES NOT WANT THE JOB end of!

Are you advocating the restoration of the monarchy the politicians are now as corrupt as the system they were introduced to replace!
What we need is a leader who isn't afraid to stand up and be counted, and say what the majority thinks even more so if it isn't PC.
I agree bring he/she on.:british:

Back