Loden suits

david1976

I fancy getting myself a loden type shooting suit, jacket, trousers, hat similar to the one in the link below:

http://jagdhund.com/en/men/jackets/gamskogel/

Anyone know anywhere in this country who sell them?

The price from Germany is pretty pricey and if I get stung for any duties as well, it would be extortionate.

Cheers

David

You shouldn't get stung for any duty if it is from Germany, the benefit of the common market. Just the same as buying from anywhere within this country.

No duties thank to the splendid EU! That's a nice jacket, but the suggested matching hat is awful.

Here's a question by the way: why do almost no shooting coats and jackets have hoods? There's not much point in expensively building in GoreTex and everything just to leave your head exposed. I realise there's a possible blinkering effect for shooting, but generally, hoods are a winning design feature.

Because shooters wear hats.

I have two shooting coats that have hoods. Thankfully they can be unzipped and removed as they serve no useful purpose whatsoever.

I have two shooting coats that have hoods. Thankfully they can be unzipped and removed as they serve no useful purpose whatsoever.

Oh they do ;)
They are ideal in a high seat - it prevents the twigs and leaves falling down your kneck when the squirrel gets busy above your seat :D

That's good news about not paying any extra.

This being the case, any recommendations for a trustworthy outfitter on the continent?

How about Frankonia or Kettner ?

Have dealt with both in the past and both were very good.

Because shooters wear hats.

I wear a hat but now I'm feeling my age in the colder months I won't buy a coat or indeed midlayer that is without a hood. It has to be INTEGRAL too and not detachable.

"No hood - No good"

K

Last edited:
Nice jacket. I have one that's twenty years old now. Still very warm but looking very tatty.

Have a look at this blokes website. Loden Friedl - Lodenbekleidung und Lodenzubehör für die Jagd - Herzlich willkommen! I bought a lightweight smock from him at the game fair a few years ago and it is really good gear.
I just saw the address on their website.
Loden Friedl
Erbstr. 5
95666 Mitterteich
Tel.09633/923983 oder 518
Fax.09633/923984
info@loden-friedl.de
It is just down the road from my partners old birthplace, the loden on offer
today nomally is of 80% wool & 20% synthetic but this loden from Friedl is of 70% wool plus 30% alpacca hair so it is the highest quality there is available.
It is in a nice area of Germany and there is a guy in the area offering wild boar weekends for 150 euros
in the bavarian hunting monthly magazine if you fancied a trip over to get measured up. They are showing at the big hunting exhibition in the city of Landshut 1 hour north east of Munich from 02 - 06 October
Martin

Last edited:
Loden is very good, I have a coat in it,but it depends what you want it for its too dark for hill stalking, you can see someone wearing loden from a long way off, against the natural colours on the hill it looks black even more so when it gets wet.

I can vouch for Alexander Friedl, his patience in handling my enquiry, and the quality of his workmanship to produce a moderated rifle slip using his template was superb. I'd surely like one of his jackets! Cheers, K

I fancy getting myself a loden type shooting suit, jacket, trousers, hat similar to the one in the link below:

http://jagdhund.com/en/men/jackets/gamskogel/

Anyone know anywhere in this country who sell them?

We are now stocking Jagdhund and also their sister company Xjagd this autumn. We cannot stock everything in the range as our store is jut short of 4,000 sqft, but we will be able to offer anything in the range from this September.

Jagdhund is pronounced YAGT HUNT and Xjagd EEKSY AGT We thought about trying to Anglosise the names, but it really doesn't work as it makes it hard to say.

Both Brands are Austrian and I must say I cannot express how impressed I was with Gerd and the products when he came over in January to show me their ranges.

We will put them on our website in due course, but we are going to run the new arrivals purely in store and also on telesales so we can get to know what our customers are expecting. We can of course get anything in the range if required for home delivery. (Free delivery in the UK as normal and free returns)

Please feel free to call us at the store on 01525 211488.
Andrew
Rugged & Tough

I've used these guys for quite a few things now; the website is in German but the staff speak & write very good English & are great at responding to queries. As said above there are no further tax liabilities incurred on delivery. The stuff usually arrives within a couple of days.

Classic - Style | JagdFIEBER.com

I've been thinking about getting a pair of the loden breeks

Last edited:
Back