Associations at the Stalking Fair

6pointer

Just got a call off my mate who is a member of the BDS and he suggested that the BDS will not be at the deer stalker fair.
He is gutted always singing the praises and asking me to join. If its true i must admit to being very surprised but i sure that they are moving away from deer stalkers and moving into study areas. Is it true Brian?????

Just got a call off my mate who is a member of the BDS and he suggested that the BDS will not be at the deer stalker fair.
He is gutted always singing the praises and asking me to join. If its true i must admit to being very surprised but i sure that they are moving away from deer stalkers and moving into study areas. Is it true Brian?????

Im surprised you are not a member of the BDS, I thought you may have wanted to support the charity. Decent magazine comes every three months too. ATB 1995rs

BDS what a joke they are, you would only get them to the fair if you were paying them probably

BDS are not attending. We thought they were as previous conversations suggested but apparently a years notice and other events roundabout that time means its not possible.

Not to worry.

SNH, SGA, BASC, SACS, Deer Network Groups, Police FEO's and Wildlife Crime Officers will be there supporting the Fair so the organisation/association/official side of stalking is well represented, and regardless of what individual opinion is on them or some policies, they should be there IMO.

Almost forgot, CIC are putting on a large stand for display of heads and scoring trophies as well!

Really looking forward to the fair Brian, it is a great idea and I am sure it will be a great success. Hope to meet you there.

Best regards.

Jon.

Really looking forward to the fair Brian, it is a great idea and I am sure it will be a great success. Hope to meet you there.

Best regards.

Jon.

Likewise Jon

Because we hope it will be a good social occasion as well, we have tried to split it a bit so that the smaller hall will have the bar and seating as well as other things of interest. What an excuse to get away for a beer and a chat...;)

Likewise Jon

Because we hope it will be a good social occasion as well, we have tried to split it a bit so that the smaller hall will have the bar and seating as well as other things of interest. What an excuse to get away for a beer and a chat...;)
Brian will there be any pies!!!

Just ask Jayb,s Wife to run up a few things Christ she can cook. Will be up there soon to see sheila sorry i mean John.

1995 I would support most charity,s but only if they are in fact a charity . BDS in my opinion have let them selves down a chance to show deer managers and the industry in a positive light and they cant go or is it wont go. Did you find out were Mr Goffin was going that was more important Brian. I will be on a few stands with a bottle of double malt for anyone that wants one.

BDS what a joke they are, you would only get them to the fair if you were paying them probably

Cant agree on that...

Wessex branch have and continue to have some great events.

Met sticks off here at one of the events, venison and cookery events, air rifle comps etc range days at East Holme Military Range

Like everything you get out of it what you are prepaired to put in

Thats correct PS cash. For me its about going stalking cant be arsed paying for a joke of a charity. When there are real charity needs out there like Sick kids hospital and the like.
PS you can run that stuff with out the BDS we do. They have just made a very large statement by not showing up to a flagship event. They might have forgotten that 90% of the members are Active deer stalkers.

Thats correct PS cash. For me its about going stalking cant be arsed paying for a joke of a charity. When there are real charity needs out there like Sick kids hospital and the like.
PS you can run that stuff with out the BDS we do. They have just made a very large statement by not showing up to a flagship event. They might have forgotten that 90% of the members are Active deer stalkers.

I totally agree with that , i have not been a member for a long time and never will be either .

As a very Active BDS Member i feel let down by the negativity shown by some on this site towards BDS.

I support all true Stalkers at all levels and will be at the the fair supporting the stalking community.

I will happily man a stand with other like minded BDS Members as i always do.

Dalkur

Thats not correct..

For the minimal bit of cash i have parted with my family and friends who have also attended events have all had more than their moneys worth

Cant agree on that...

Wessex branch have and continue to have some great events.

Met sticks off here at one of the events, venison and cookery events, air rifle comps etc range days at East Holme Military Range

Like everything you get out of it what you are prepaired to put in

Terry at branch level the BDS is excellent it is the rest of the BDS that people don't like in general .

Widows Son I think that depends on the branch, some are very good and some not so good. While I agree with what Terry says about the more you put in the more you get out, some branches are so negative that they drive people away. It's probably down to the personalities of some of the people involved like all organisations there are some real good folk and unfortunately some real prats.

I don't want to see folk falling out over this.

Short explanation: BDS like the other stalking connected organisations were contacted and asked if they wanted to attend. We felt that all the organisations involved in stalking should be there but obviously the final decision was up to them. Besides the trade and social side of the fair, the opportunity is there to show deerstalking in a very positive light and this IMO is further supported by the local FEO's asking for a stand! Now that was really unexpected!!!

There is potential media (TV & radio) interest in the event and whilst the BDS have decided not to come, there will be other opportunities (possibly) for those there to get the chance to offer their perspective on the positives in deerstalking. There is a very broad spectrum represented at the fair even without the BDS.

earlier today I was asked if we had any space left for a stand for the Borders College to promote their training packages and courses for stalking and game keeping. Given this is further education leading to possible employment, of course we will find somewhere for them.

As I said before, I am looking forward to catching up with many off here at the Fair and hopefully enjoy good craic!!!

Have you tried contacting the local BDS group rather than HQ?

To be honest Apache I am not prepared to chase them over it. I would have thought that after speaking to someone pretty 'high up' in the society they would have seen the benefit in having representation at the event, especially when they were aware of who the other organisations were showing support in attending.

As somebody else suggested on this thread, surely it would have been easy enough to find local members who were prepared to man a stand if certain others were unavailable? Assuming the event was seen as worthy of support.

Back