Cv 537 stutzen rifle .308 best scope

jontie3332

About to buy the above rifle any ideas on what scope to use all so do with some optilock mounts for it if anyone got anany also whats people views on these rifles my mate just brough the manlicker stutzen is there much difference

id top it with a 6 x 42 schmidt and bender great optics fixed mag so no messing around and available for around 300 quid second hand

What you think of the rifle mate I want a compact woodland stalking rifle should do the trick I think

Should be great and i love to see a rifle with nice wood so youve got my vote! :) just dont put a high mag scope on it 6x is plenty or woodland stlking

About to buy the above rifle any ideas on what scope to use all so do with some optilock mounts for it if anyone got anany also whats people views on these rifles my mate just brough the manlicker stutzen is there much difference

Never heard of it who makes it
Geordie

My best guess would be that it is a full stock CZ 550? However I don't want to print my thoughts on the MANLICKER it's not that sort of website.:oops:
I presume you were refering to Steyr Mannlicher.

Seriously though jontie I don't think that Optilock mounts are available for this rifle. Optilock's are made by Sako and really intended for Sako and Tikka rifles plus of course Picatinny/Weaver mounts.

Last edited:
i did me the 537 mate and i posted on my iphone last night c is a little cloe to the v lol cant wait to get it now from all the feedback just got to wait for the firearms licence back now im on 13th week for variation hopefully turn up today then i can go try it

i phones are great aren't they ? They really get you thinking, trying to work out what the original message was supposed to say.

The 537 is a cheap Chinese knock off of the cheap Czech knock-off of the Austrian version.

So the CZ is a cheap knock off of the Austrian version ?
Lets hope your new toy is as accurate and long lasting as the cheap Czech versions have proved to be ;)

Neil. :)

Back