A view of some of my stalking ground

That's something else I need to do. Shot ducks and geese inland, however, never done it on the an estuary. First things first though..this year it is the level 2.

I would be interested in seeing how good archer are. I know it is no where near as good but I took my .22 out the other night with a yuko photon and ir torch and really enjoyed it. Would be nice to see the difference 3K can make.

Hi Wills
There is a big difference but doesnt need to be as much as 3k , the Photon does my job fine at close range but the Archer is quite a bit clearer , think about £1700 would get one these days

Hi Colin,

thanks for getting back to quickly. I didn't realise that. Basically, like buying a decent scope. I suppose a fair few keepers use them.

Stunning piece of ground and some great photo's. You are a very lucky chap. We don't quite get the same views in Essex.

Although the duck shooting on the Blackwater and the inland flight ponds is pretty stunning. I think Teal are the most sporting birds we have been given. Flighting in just before dark 5 ft off the ground at pace, they are truly challenging. You hear the wooosh of the air across their wings coming past your head and then a splash as they hit the water in front of you before you have time to think "**** me what was that".

Quite a few ducks on the loch , you can see the Solway estuary in the background ,quite a few geese about there as well
View attachment 55114 View attachment 55115
A couple more from the ground we stalk reds on
Wetted the appetite for feb again Colin ....see what you did there ! we're just getting back to normal here and you've gone got the juices flowing again can't wait to get up for hinds again mate .
Regards
doug mcc

Stunning photos and scenery Colin! Those are the sort of permisions that most of us would be extremely envious of.
On a side note - I alway think that a covering of snow or some other "weather phenomena" always makes any permission look so much more interesting to photograph.

Not quite as impressive as Colin's but it's good enough for me.

Ed

ps should have added taken by me from a helicopter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Stunning photos and scenery Colin! Those are the sort of permisions that most of us would be extremely envious of.
On a side note - I alway think that a covering of snow or some other "weather phenomena" always makes any permission look so much more interesting to photograph.
Most of our best outings on hinds were in the snow last season , i think your right it adds to the scenery and a bit more challenging up in the hills
Cheers

Back