Knife leather sheath making tools/bits and bobs etc. required

parlanaich

Hi folks.

As above, please give me a shout if your getting rid or wanting to sell.

Best
Parlanaich :)

Stitching - http://www.speedystitcher.com/#the-basics - really easy and simple to use for all the stitching. You can order them quite widly and cost £10 to £12. Will stitch leather and heavy canvas.

Leather - go to toolstation and buy a leather welding apron for £10 - plenty of leather to make all sorts of things with. Yes it has a suede like and non vegitable tanned quality, but perfectly workable and good perfecting techniques before spending good money on a proper hide.

yes i know you should mark out all the holes, punch them and then use a needle at both ends of the thread hand stitch.

But the speedy stitcher is a brilliant piece of kit. It is a truly portable little sewing machine that a machine type stitching which has all sorts of uses. Try one:)

yes i know you should mark out all the holes, punch them and then use a needle at both ends of the thread hand stitch.

But the speedy stitcher is a brilliant piece of kit. It is a truly portable little sewing machine that a machine type stitching which has all sorts of uses. Try one:)

Great for repairing a Defender 110 Double Cab canvas hood.;)

K

Your spot on, just spoke to a company selling them, they stated that they are more suited to canvas work (sail repairs on yachts etc.:eek:) unless the leather was thin enough, around 1-2mm .... maybe?

I'm looking at using 3-4mm thick leather for a sheath. :)

Back