contacts for gun clubs using cattrick rangers

DEAN.G

hi as anybody got any contact numbers for gun clubs in north Yorkshire Durham or round about that use the rangers at cattrick garrison or somewhere i could put down for zeroing my 30.06 another way police trying to take ticket. :-|

Yes, but you would need to be a full member of the club and go through their probationer system! You can't just whack the name of a club down to circumvent the law... that's just taking the ****... if you don't have good reason you shouldn't be in possession!!

Yes, but you would need to be a full member of the club and go through their probationer system! You can't just whack the name of a club down to circumvent the law... that's just taking the ****... if you don't have good reason you shouldn't be in possession!!

A bit harsh I think! We have to live with (and within) our firearms laws but it doesn't mean we have to agree or whack each other over the head with them!

A bit harsh I think! We have to live with (and within) our firearms laws but it doesn't mean we have to agree or whack each other over the head with them!

Not at all... if he wants to join a club, great... nowt wrong with that but just wanting someone to let him 'SAY' he shoots there so that he can show good reason (that's how the request reads to me) is NOT within the law and is out of order.. If he has no where to shoot his 30.06 then why on earth does he need one.. If that's not the case then give us an explanation but I certainly wouldn't want to expose my club to such a request and the associated risk!!! I'd be amazed if any club would let him to be honest, although I do know of one in Yorkshire where having a FAC grants immediate full membership.. they still have to report to the police if there is no attendance though!

Thats exactly how i read it..

" i could put down for zeroing my 30-06 " is very different than i could visit or become a member

as it reads i want the contact details maybe to ring and join as my club down in rossendale is now two hours away if i just wanted to WHACK an name of a club down i would put that not be on here asking for ''CONTACT'' numbers not names of club and thanks to the others who have the common sense to actually read the message correctly so for the few that cant if anybody knows of any land that is signed off for it where i could get in touch with them.

as it reads i want the contact details maybe to ring and join as my club down in rossendale is now two hours away if i just wanted to WHACK an name of a club down i would put that not be on here asking for ''CONTACT'' numbers not names of club and thanks to the others who have the common sense to actually read the message correctly so for the few that cant if anybody knows of any land that is signed off for it where i could get in touch with them.

That post doesn't read any better mate!

Surely being a member of a club in Rossendale would give you good reason to possess your 30-06 why would the police try to remove your FAC

i have good reason to have it i am a keeper. the land where i am is said not to be fit for zeroing a 30.06 and now being top side of rippon and my old gun club being at the side manchester they say its to far and that i would not travel down there to zero it so that is why i was asking for contacts of clubs where i can go zero it and use the rangers down at cattrick as you have to be a member of one of there clubs that visit

i have good reason to have it i am a keeper. the land where i am is said not to be fit for zeroing a 30.06 and now being top side of rippon and my old gun club being at the side manchester they say its to far and that i would not travel down there to zero it so that is why i was asking for contacts of clubs where i can go zero it and use the rangers down at cattrick as you have to be a member of one of there clubs that visit

You don't have an open ticket?

yes i have an open ticket that was my argument with them but they say the 30.06 as to have land deemed fit for shooting and zeroing on and where i am isn't so i said well im not getting rid of my stalking rifle thats for my fun when im finished chasing dam pheasants about so my options are the sign up with a new club my .223/.243/.22 and semi auto are all fine its just the 30.06

Change your supporting evidence for the 'good reason' to have the 30.06 to invations and purchased stalking - then it's not dependant on you having access to specific land.

Home Office Guidance:

13.10 The land need not be owned or rented by the applicant, nor need they have regular or
automatic access to it. Farmers and landowners may allow shooters to shoot on their land,
for payment or otherwise, on a formal or informal basis. An applicant need not always
nominate a piece of land as evidence of “good reason”, but in such cases the applicant
may be required, where possible, to provide written evidence, for example from a relevant
organisation, a professional pest controller, gamekeeper or of a booking to shoot.

Is that the recent guidance Orion? I agree. I would not go down the club route. They will want you to have a nominated bit of land but is is possible to go down the route Orion describes but you will still have to satisfy good reason by showing intent to go stalking somewhere at least once a year. I would read and reread the guidance as it helps to know it when is such situations.

just got my hunters number for Norway short trip on a plane if that's nots showing im going to use it ill just be moving out of Yorkshire they seem to be a bit of a waste of time

Yes, Tack it's from the latest version that all FLDs are instructed to be adhering to.

Dean, overseas use is perfectly acceptable as a good reason, but make sure you get UK deer and AOLQ included on the back of it. Copy of your Norge hunter's licence or letter from someone over there where you are shooting would be good supporting evidence if the FLD ask for sight of it.

BTW. there's also this section of the current HO Guidance relating to use of a rifle for deer that appears to negate their argument that you must nominate land if you can establish overseas use:

13.32 An applicant who wishes to shoot deer should name land which has the likelihood of the
appropriate deer species being present, and an invitation, booking or authority to shoot.
This is not necessary where a person already holds a deer legal rifle for an established
reason.
Many deer stalkers will rely on invitations to shoot on payment rather than be hired
or paid to do so and may not be able to shoot regularly or frequently, though others may
be permanently employed, for example, Forestry Commission staff. Hunting large animals
with powerful rifles requires particular skill, and applicants should generally have some
experience of firearms.

As Tack says, have a good look at S.13 of the Guidance and be prepared to quote any relevant sections.

got it printed off last night i have just gone over it with highlighter pen ill take it down and show them :lol:

hi as anybody got any contact numbers for gun clubs in north Yorkshire Durham or round about that use the rangers at cattrick garrison or somewhere i could put down for zeroing my 30.06 another way police trying to take ticket. :-|

Have you tried the NRA? they used to be the ones for range use and club information.

Back