Its that time

Rangefinder

I was given a fish box that I sealed the holes up and have used as my deer tray in the back of the 4x4 for many a year. Its probably time to look for a replacement BUT being a tight yorkshire man, I dont want to spend a fortune.

I have tried the B&Q large boxes that lasted a couple of outings so they're out. it has to carry up to five Roe or a couple of Fallow and be capable of being carried by two people.

Whats out there that doesn't cost a fortune?

More than happy to modify/adapt etc.

What can you recommend fellas?

like so many other I have a plasters bath from toolstation works well but does take up a lot of room in truck.

I also use a plasters bath, I had to cut the lip off so that it fitted in the back of my discovery. I got a white one as this makes it easer to see its clean after use and any ticks are easily visible and dealt with. I bought some muslin fabric and made a cover for the top with an elastic edge, this allows the air to circulate and contains any undesirables such as ticks on the journey home.

Hope this helps.
ATB 243 Stalker

Plasterers bath, bit of muslin or old net curtain and a couple of bungees to keep the legs in. Job done.
Or you could buy my old water header tank from Mark H at £40 !! ouch :(

I don't know if this is a good idea so it is just a thought Rangefinder but have you thought about one of those plastic sledges. They might fit your needs and should be quite cheap at this time of the year!
Maybe if someone has tried them already they could offer any thoughts on the practicalities of using them.

I have looked often at those plastic sledges but apart from the being a bit on the small size, probably designed primarily for children, they are a bit shallow and not very thick.
Probably be OK for a roe now and again but wouldn't last very long.

I have a plasterers bath but unfortunately it would be difficult to get out of the truck and carry up the slope to my Gamedealers.

Thanks for the advice so far, has anyone else any other ideas?

I bought a black plastic tray from a garden center, it cost about £10-15.
It's not that deep about 4-6", but it's deep enough so you don't spill claret in the back of the car and can accommodate a couple of roe.

Back