4X4 Insurance time again

Mutley

Well it's that time again, I have a 20 year old Mitsy Pajero 2.5TD (Superb Shooting and Keepering Wagon) and the latest quote from the NFU is £520 :eek::eek: Now for a 20 year old car, albeit an import, which is worth about a grand that's a rip off.

Who do you guys use and how much do you pay?

Cheers

Mutley :D

Give 2gether insurance a whirl. Tell them you are a member of this and the Pajero Owners forum and you should get a discount. Mine was very good value when I still had my Paj.

slap it into the usual confused.com moneysupermarket.com etc etc
Insurance is just an admin function now and goes to lowest bidder.

Well it's that time again, I have a 20 year old Mitsy Pajero 2.5TD (Superb Shooting and Keepering Wagon) and the latest quote from the NFU is £520 :eek::eek: Now for a 20 year old car, albeit an import, which is worth about a grand that's a rip off.

Who do you guys use and how much do you pay?

Cheers

Mutley :D

What are they actually insuring...
Is it just the motor or you aswell..??
£520 is a good price if it covers you for a courtesy car , personnel injury , solicitors fees if hit by an uninsured driver etc.. etc...

I wish my insurance was only 520. Since im under 25 my insurance is £1000 and thats for a fiat punto, i spent hours on the internet and phone but could not find anything cheaper thats with a ncb and no speeding tickets

Sureterm. I've recommended them before and it often seems to come out cheapest for 4x4s, especially if they are imported (like your Pajero I'd assume) or modified. They do come up on one of the search engines but I can't remember which one so worth a bell direct http://www.sureterm.com/4x4-insurance/

I have a Hilux (although it's not an import) and we used to insure it and my wife's car through NFU (along with the house). Their premiums just kept going up and up and we have gradually renewed with other providers. My Hilux is now insured through Yes insurance, the wife's car through Asda exclusive.

I have a 20 year old Mitsy Pajero 2.5TD (Superb Shooting and Keepering Wagon) and the latest quote from the NFU is £520 :eek::eek:

That goes beyond taking the ****!

Join the Mitsy Pajero Forum and take advantage of the forums discount. Last quote for the same truck (K plate fieldmaster), with 0 no claims was £240 and that included offroad usage.

I reall wanted to use the NFU. I called the local office and explained that I was shopping around for car, home and working dog insurance and asked whether I could expect any sort of discount for using them for all three. My family has always used NFU and really values the opportunity to do business face to face, so I really was hoping to continue this tradition. Unfortunately I was told I could expect no discount and the quote for my car insurance nearly knocked me off my chair, so that was the end of that.

[+1 for adrian flux £250 for defender inmcluding off road use.QUOTE=dc5;295326]Adrian flux or aviva are both very good for 4x4`s.[/QUOTE]

It's well worth trying a comparison website I used "Confused" & "Compare the market" I saved about £250 on a multi car policy including no claims protection using the Meerkats. On the same comparison site I went from over £2,000 house insurance down to £730 with additional cover on certain items and spread across the year interest free. The old house insurance was due on the 28th December each year so I'm particularly chuffed about now. :D

Give Sureterm a call, I have a 1993 3.1 Trooper, just renewed £240 fully comp me and the wife to drive, also covers you if you are off road so should you damage it in a field no problem,

I would not use Adrian Flux under any circumstance.
I had a classic car insured with them which I sold a month into the second years insurance and when I contacted them to cancel the insurance and apply for a refund I was told to Flux Off as they did not give refunds on classic car insurance.

Back