Deer with mower

John Gryphon

Someone mentioned a comparo was needed :D
Dawn pic taken today under a very pink sky.

louts%20pair%20mitt%20mower_zpsknj4larg.jpg

Stags run anywhere between 500-700 lbs live weight.I have seen some absolute 'horses' that would go heavier.From memory Mason I believe had one est to be 750 lbs.

Muir th stags are very young,the mower is too so thats a hard question ha ha.

Stags run anywhere between 500-700 lbs live weight.I have seen some absolute 'horses' that would go heavier.From memory Mason I believe had one est to be 750 lbs.

Muir th stags are very young,the mower is too so thats a hard question ha ha.

ok so 1/3 bigger than very large lowland reds round here then..... that's a bit of a lump!

:rofl: so dam tame might as well have ear tags and name them.

You are showing your complete ignorance there Haggis!

And to show you I mean it, you get your gear and come down here for a weeks hunting,yes a weeks hunting.

I mean it 100% my word is my word.

For 25-06 I took this photo about 1/2 an hour ago and to the right of the photo you will notice the log running downhill,a lot of those juvenile stags were photographed on that bank along from that log.

They have an even higher background above the bank rising to 4000' but dont worry Mr. .25-06 I can take you into the big gully centre of pic its a nice easy low one for when you come on down. There isn't a road/track for 10 kilometres and its FULL of tagged/earmarked stags just waiting for you.

All you have to do is get your arse here. Opposite that bank one and a half kilometres to the left left is the other side with some easy hill country to 3500' as shown in the second pic.
It will cost you about 30 quid for an "all you can shoot" deer licence and from here you can roam over 50,000 acres,all to yourself.
And I tell you what if you manage to take one I will buy the beer.

rain%20day%20bank_zpscejwz5ma.jpg

rain%20day%20mist%202_zpshqjsmnek.jpg

Last edited:
John, You biting? :thumb:John following some of the stunning photos you post of the deer down there is great. But I think the sense of scale in both the Sambar and the country you hunt in is lost on most in the UK. I find finding a little 40kg Sika within 600 acres is challenging enough. As for coming over that would be a dream come true some day.

Well to go with your cheeky replies I have planned a ripping blackberry choked gully in some very steep country waiting for you.The sort of place that puts off most...but its got plenty of deer in it!

Back