permission

tony rentokil

Been out all day trying to get some ground,mainly Evesham pershore areas,I have been working around that way for a while every one tells me there are lots of deer about.
Cards have been left, 3rd party conversations etc etc,
Do any of you guys know if anyone has stalking locally,or any info on deer numbers/species
Regards Tony.

Its a long hard slog finding permissions, you just got to keep doing what you are doing now
best of luck with the search
Ray

Tony I have been searching for about 2 years with no Luck, but I have a good mate who has lods of ground and takes me out
Ray

I do feel for you trying to get shooting. I'm in a position with thousands of hectares full of wildlife and never go shooting.
If you were a farmer and some stranger knocked the door and asked to go shooting would you let them?
Maybe start thinking outside the box and approach in a different way
Good luck with the search

I do feel for you trying to get shooting. I'm in a position with thousands of hectares full of wildlife and never go shooting.

Well there's a statement to frustrate the hell out of the stalkers in and around Somerset!

Well there's a statement to frustrate the hell out of the stalkers in and around Somerset!

I don't see why. I've given most of my shooting to other people.
And I can assure you I would rather go shooting than be riddled with disease and not able to walk.
One thing you must realise it's not a God given right to go deer shooting (I hate the word stalking)
If it was, there wouldn't be any deer left in the country.
Man is an evil animal and will kill and kill until animals are gone

Yoda I am so sorry to hear of you situation,I have to agree with you.I hate people who just have to keep pulling that trigger.
I have always erred on the leave it till another day,sort of shooting,indeed in 3 years I have only taken 2 deer off a tiny permission[my only one].
One had a crossbow bolt in it,the other had a broken leg,
Keep your pecker up.
Tony.

Perhaps you need to put yourself about a bit rather than just go and ask, or use a backdoor route once you're known. Can I ask what you do for a living, or perhaps other hobbies? There's always more than one way to skin a cat. ;)

And I can assure you I would rather go shooting than be riddled with disease and not able to walk.
One thing you must realise it's not a God given right to go deer shooting (I hate the word stalking)

If I've read it correctly and it is indeed yourself that's unable to walk because of disease then you have my sympathy buddy, that would frustrate the hell out of me. Offroad chair or buggy, quad maybe ???

The Ex Mate i used to go about with would have shot everything given the chance, he took it on His Good Authority that when the farmers said take care of some Rabbits hares etc etc, he went all out to kill every last one, even had someone else on without permission and blasted all the rabbits on one of my main permissions without as much as a by your leave or can the other person get to even shoot on the land. I was out with him and watched a Roe Doe with a young one in tow and he seen a Deer and never even knew what sex or anything and said am i going to take the shot or not? I then gave him my Bins and pointed out that it was not in season, I then spent the next 40 minutes watching the both of them wandering around and just loved seeing it move about into the other fields and then into safety of the trees. So well done Yoda, Not everything has to be killed and you can observe the natural beauty of animals without pulling the trigger.

Rodp,I work for Rentokil,so most people think that involves farmers etc, but sadly its all laptop email,pda,b@@ks,and being at tescos,m+s,morrisons beck an call.
I do try other avenues,as I breed and fly peregrines and, as you do swing, the conversations around to deer,but if I knew it would be so hard to get a little bit of ground,I would"nt have took up stalking in the first place.

But the bug has bitten so just have to keep trying,
Tone.

Maybe try offering pest control services (not shooting) really cheap. Maybe mice, ants, rats, wasps etc. Tell them you're "starting out on your own" so doing it really cheap to get a good name. Give it 12 months and mention your "hobby".
Most you're going to waste is a few months time and you could spend that easily just driving around ??

Back