Saturated ground=quad bike

bijssg

Times like this when I don't think about all the money tied up in my quad, when you can get out and bag a couple of Charlie's in the squelch.

A quad would be of no use around here at the moment, a hovercraft would be of more use.:lol:

That's what I like about my Rokon 2WD motorcycle unless I get into bentonite ("gumbo" we call it) I can scoot over the soggiest ground without leaving much of a foot print. ~Muir

That's what I like about my Rokon 2WD motorcycle unless I get into bentonite ("gumbo" we call it) I can scoot over the soggiest ground without leaving much of a foot print. ~Muir

You wouldn't leave much of a footprint that's for certain Muir. You can't leave a footprint on water, you can only make a splash. :lol:

A quad would be of no use around here at the moment, a hovercraft would be of more use.:lol:

Ha ha - I like that. I'm picking up tomorrow and I think there might be a sweepstake on who will get bogged first and on which drive! Discretion might be the better idea and resort to a bit of legwork!!

We could not even walk across some of the fields at the mo like quicksand and more rain to come great just want to get out and about.at least had a great days pheasant shooting on mates farm today in this lovely wind

on the land i shoot on once harvest is over i am the only one allowed on the farm to control the rabbits once the stubbles are gone because of the quad. until two years ago we were getting alot of enquiries at work about UTV's after two very wet autumns everyone now wants quads again because they are half of the weight of a UTV

bentonite AKA french mud?

Never heard that term bit it certainly fits. Mostly we call it "That greasy sh-t!" If i let it dry on the bike it can take me hours to chisel it off. First stop is a power washer, every time! Sound about right? Dries to concrete??~Muir

Last edited:
Lagging it down again this am need the quad to feed daily but no excessive use ,bike makes more mess when it's drying when it's as wet as this it does float about a bit .we have big headlands so I swap and change my route to minimise wear on these .
norma

Last edited:
duals.jpg

Has anyone tried these? They look the business but I bet if you get stuck you're in trouble.

you should see our fields after half a dozen horses have been turned out.... they make far more mess than a quad

I don't do stuck, leave ruts or sink much, tracks are the way forward.

John

Back