Zeiss poor customer service...or just a bad day?

enfieldspares

I spoke with a "Chris" today via the telephone contact number on the Zeiss UK Sport Optic website. I was extremely disappointed with the man's response, seemingly "laid back" attitude (so "laid back" in fact he sounded almost horizontal) and his mantra to "contact a local dealer for information on products".

So I asked if it was possible to speak to their "Marc".

He said that he knew of no Marc in Sport Optics and when I called back again and said that the contact was Marc Overston said he did not have those details, of such a person, in his directory.

I have three Zeiss 'scopes (or rather I now have two as I have lost one and wish to replace it) all Diavari-C and wish to know what you have that is the equivalent of my misplaced 3-9x36 Diavari T* "Made in Germany".

Or if indeed there might be a new old stock one somewhere within Zeiss or a lead to a dealer in UK that might have one still on the shelf.

The 'scope is to fit a Holland and Holland one inch side mount and I am a deer stalker, not James Bond, so 3-9x36 is optimum for my needs. I do not wish to snipe at deer at four hundred yards!

He had no idea of the product Zeiss currently offered chorusing "contact a local dealer for information on products" and appeared indifferent as to whether I bought a Zeiss product or not. With no offer, even though I asked, to be put through to someone in Sport Optics who knew the product line.

I did tell him that I had seen a Swarovski current equivalent...their Z3 3-9x36...but I don't like 'scopes with eagles on the side....and wanted to remain with Zeiss.

The calls I made were a disappointment to me and the lesson, I intimated to him, was that despite having over £3,000 worth of Zeiss 'scopes and binoculars was clear...take my business to Swarovski.

I await a reply from the PM I have sent to Marc Overton at Zeiss via this Forum.

Last edited:
Got a call back from Zeiss UK this morning. They'd seen my post and normal, efficient, helpful, professional, service has been resumed. So a big thank you to all on here and to their 'Gary'. I'll write yesterday's disappointing call down as a 'one off'...and certainly not 'normal service'...which has now restored my faith in what, else yesterday, has always been of the best. Thread closed I think?

always had good service from them and Q/A'S sorted pdq, Even got a free goody bag in the post one being a cool power charger for when you need to recharge your phone or other while out in the field it looks like a v8 :cool: thanks guys .

Yes Marc no longer with Zeiss. I spoke at length to one of the german employees on the stand, he is hopefully going to send me some info on sunshades to fit my 56mm Diavari.

D

I have always had very good service in dealing with Zeiss Uk and especially Mark karn, I enquired about a set of objective lens covers for a pair of 8x56BT*P* victory binoculars and he sent them to me free of charge. I was very pleased.

Last edited:
Yes Marc no longer with Zeiss. I spoke at length to one of the german employees on the stand, he is hopefully going to send me some info on sunshades to fit my 56mm Diavari.

D
Marc is still with Zeiss
Mark isnt :D

Last edited:
I have always had very good service in dealing with Zeiss Uk and especially Mark karn, I enquired about a set of objective lens covers for a pair of 8x56BT*P* victory binoculars and he sent them to me free of charge. I was very pleased.

Thank you for your kind comments. Zeiss and I parted company in July 2015 after 18 years. The products mentioned earlier were discontinued in the late 1990's and with all due respect to the current Zeiss UK staff, I doubt if they will be aware of these models. As far as I know, the only place likely to have spare parts would be in Wetzlar. Gary Hawkins may be able to assist.

Mark Karn.

Back