Flights to Finland

tusker

Off to Finland in October and will probably fly with Norwegian Airways. Has anyone used them or any other airline for that matter. Flying from Gatwick or Heathrow.
Tusker

Hi Tusker!
I just booked the flights from Düsseldorf/Germany to Tampere/Finnland via Helsinki... Its operated by Finnair. I found it very difficult to find the right flight dates and times. The search engines as Swoodoo or Skyscanner didnt help and only offered endless, multi stop flights. Then I looked on the Finnair homepage and could book the right flights right there....
Really a little hustle, for some more expensive flights, a kind of strange.....

Atb

Michael

Flown with Norwegian a few times from Oslo to Edinburgh with my rifle & ammunition and never had any problems.

Rifle in a locked case, and had my bolt & ammunition in my suitcase, ammunition in an MTM plastic case which I put faom in the lid to stop the ammunition moving and just wrapped electrical tape around the case to stop it opening. Just make sure you tell them you have ammunition in your case so they can give it the necessary label.

Yes last time I was over.

aberdeen - heathrow - Helsinki (BA) Helsinki - Rovaniemi ( Norwegian) really good, no hassle. Big smiles and wishes of good luck when my rifle was handed back! Civilised nation.

Hi guys!
Which airlines did you use, especially when taking your guns with you?

i booked the whole journey through BA. Was £230 return . I get a bit of discount through my brother in law, who works for BA.
rifles etc, no problem at all. I booked straight through Aberdeen - Rovaniemi to save handling luggage/ rifles at Heathrow.

i booked the whole journey through BA. Was £230 return . I get a bit of discount through my brother in law, who works for BA.
rifles etc, no problem at all. I booked straight through Aberdeen - Rovaniemi to save handling luggage/ rifles at Heathrow.

Don,t BA charge £50 per rifle + ammunition each flight? Taking 2 rifles that would £300 on top of cost of flight.
Tuasker

Back