Yukon NVRSF

Lucky Sniper

Wanted for my .22 RF for Rabbits. What is the range of these with the extra IR. Anyone used one? Are they any good. Dont have the funds for anything much more

Have a look at the yukon sentinel, much better unit and about the same price (basically was the nvrsf upgrade).

These are Gen1 units so they will not have a great sight picture over 50-70 yards , Gen2 is much better ....but much more money......what about the NS200 supposed to be clear out to 200 yards but haven't tried one myself yet.

I had one on my air rifle and with extra ir - personally I wouldnt use one again.. Have looked through a Gen 3 and would say if you are set on NV to save the difference.

Gen 3 to shoot rabits with a .22lr? Oh come on!!!!! Their rabbits!

Would you use a Gen3 on your air rifle?

These are Gen1 units so they will not have a great sight picture over 50-70 yards , Gen2 is much better ....but much more money......what about the NS200 supposed to be clear out to 200 yards but haven't tried one myself yet.

Thought about the Nitesite 200 but have concerns about the screen light (dont want this to turn into another nitesiate thread) plus I am leaning towards a dedicated NV. I want to see the NVRSF in action but no one I know has one and I like the sound of this new Yukon Photon spec as follows . Not sure what it al means but the detection range looks ok

Specifications:

• 5x Magnification
  • 42mm objective lens
  • CMOS sensor
  • Camera resolution 500x582 pixels
  • 90 mm eye relief
  • In-built 780nm laser illuminator
  • Detection range without in-built IR illuminator 100 metres, 190 metres with in-built IR illuminator*
  • 3 °30' FOV
  • 3V (2xAA batteries) internal power provides up to 4 hours continuous use or external power supply Pulsar EPS3 or EPS5 recharcheable power packs.
  • Fine crosshair with variable brightness illuminated dot and 1/4 minute adjustment
  • 30mm tube
  • Operational temperature range -10C to +50C
  • Mil-STD-1913 Weaver accessory rail
  • Dimensions 350x73x79mm
  • Large calibre resistant.
* object 1.7x0.5 meters; in normal nighttime conditions - 0.05 lux (quarter moon)

Whats the range of the sentinel in the field not what it says on the tin and have you used one?

Not measured but was quite impressed with the quality of the image compared to an NVRS - both used with the doubler.
It focuses the reticule and image reasonably well.
I would say that it will be perfectly acceptable for bunny bashing in the night unless, of course, that you need to identify a rabbit at 300M...

If you can hold off till end March, the new Yukon Photon Digital Night vision sounds right up your street.

Retailing at around £400 when you add on a high power IR such as the Nightmaster £219 for kit, you will be looking at 100m comfortable bunny bashing with a detection range of approx double that.

Regards

Paul

scott country,
will it be possible to buy just the front end unit to fit existing scopes, as if you can do the whole scope for about £400 it looks like someone has finally come up with night vision for sensible money that is suitable for rabbit bashing

Camera King doing about the best deal at the moment, they 'order in' from Thomas Jacks.
Save about £80 on 'others' prices

Back