splitting up

foxhornet

thanks for all the replies spoke to mike at basc an guns ar at rfd.thaught it best to delete the thread if a mod could do that for me please!

Last edited:
If you moving back to parents house why hand guns in for safe storage, just do a change of address ?
Good luck with it.

Neil. :)

Sorry to learn of your parting. Sadly it is often prudent to place guns with a RFD to avoid malicious allegations being substantiated. However if there is no risk of your wife doing such a thing, then there is nothing in Law to prevent you from leaving your guns secured in the matrimonial home, for the time being, with the agreement of your wife, as long as only you have access to the security cabinet.
You are not abliged to reside at the address where your guns are kept, however you will need to notify the police of your change of address.
If the parting is likely to be permanent then it would be sensible to move your security cabinet to your new address as soon as practicable.
You are not obliged to return your certificates for change of address as it would be updated on NFLMS, however you may wish to return them so that the new address is shown on your certificate. There is no charge for this as long as you return your current certificate to the licensing unit.
If there is the slightest risk that the parting may turn acrimonious in the short term, then by all means place your guns with an RFD so that any false accusation against you, relating to alleged misuse of guns, could be rebutted and shown to be malicious. I hope that this will not happen in your circumstances.
Best wishes. U Nm.

If it were me i would make sure everything was in perfect order and get the guns to an RFD for safe keeping. One suggestion of he said this she did that and you will not have a leg to stand on get rid of the guns now for a few months could save you a load of hassle later on. She cant accuse you of anything to do with the guns if they are some were else and not even you can touch them .I would not even tell her i had done it.

Like has been said guns and ammo to RFD, chill and resolve your situation and once you have a place you can call 'home' look at moving the guns in and ammending you FAC. I would also say to let the FLO know that you are putting your gear into storage and to provide them with you temporary address.

looks like me and the wife ar parting company. i just walked round to me parents with a bag of clothes need some advice.its not a bad split wer still friends.if she had told me earlier i could hav took me guns to local rfd for storage dont no wot else to do at min all advice apretiated
Foxhornet, my advice is to contact your local FA dept indicating your new address, in order that they may inspect it PRIOR to storing them at the new address, it is a breach of your FAC condition unless you do so, in the short term you could store them with a RFD, whilst your local FA dept carries out all the relevant checks on the address & it's occupants, and confirms everyting is OK, good luck

Foxhornet, my advice is to contact your local FA dept indicating your new address, in order that they may inspect it PRIOR to storing them at the new address, it is a breach of your FAC condition unless you do so, in the short term you could store them with a RFD, whilst your local FA dept carries out all the relevant checks on the address & it's occupants, and confirms everyting is OK, good luck

In what way could that possibly be construed as a breach of the conditions of the FAC, unless you have an extra condition saying you have to inform them before moving the weapons?

The condition on the FAC states that you must inform them of a permanent change of address without undue delay. The exact wording is:-

3) The holder of the certificate must, without undue delay, inform the chief officer of police by whom the certificate was granted of any change in his permanent address.

It doesn't say you have to tell them first does it?

As for 6pointers "don't even tell her you've put them in storage" I'd say exactly the opposite. Make a point of telling her that the guns have been stored with an RFD. That way she can't claim that you threatened her with them. If she doesn't know they're in storage she can still claim she felt afraid of them, and that you had used the threat of them to frighten her. If you've told her they're in storage then any claim that you tried to intimidate her with the threat of them is removed. I'd put it in writing to her, with a copy to the police. Even an email would do, CCing the police. That way she can see that she hasn't got any grounds for a malicious claim.

Last edited:
ey up foxhornet, went through it abit back and believe me get your guns in safe storage(rfd) mine was a good split till she dint get what she wanted then it was i,ll go too firearms and tell them you av threatened me with a gun. but already had my guns in storage plus she dint go through with threat anyway.
hell has no fury like a woman sconed.
stav

The route I went was to put my guns and rifles into the RFD whilst I still had access
got all my clothes , fishing gear , pictures ,dogs etc etc out of the house whilst still on speaking terms
from their I emptied my half of the bank account, and put the house up for sale with out her being able to buy me out, then split what was left as best we could
if I had to start again
so did she,
like you say you are leaving the home and if she had told you sooner you could of got something sorted
says to me you were not the party that wanted to end it
personaly I don't know your situ but hav been in that same position
so get your act together, get your gear sorted and out of the place ASAP
life does go on and there is a mrs right out there

So in the mean time , get out and get laid

Having ended up at court Steps and had my Day.......... Get your guns to RFD speak to Mike Eviley at BASC (HE IS GREAT ) Tell no one else and then shee a solicetor first thing in the morning.......After dropping the guns off make sure they go on the register for storage...Good luck

ey up foxhornet, went through it abit back and believe me get your guns in safe storage(rfd) mine was a good split till she dint get what she wanted then it was i,ll go too firearms and tell them you av threatened me with a gun. but already had my guns in storage plus she dint go through with threat anyway.
hell has no fury like a woman sconed.
stav
How do you scone a woman?
Martin

BB Just shove some mixed fruit up her ass :oops: Anyway a wee bit worrying this site do any of the relationships end in a good way. But most are telling you the same thing if you dont do it dont come back on asking how to get your guns back .

In what way could that possibly be construed as a breach of the conditions of the FAC, unless you have an extra condition saying you have to inform them before moving the weapons?

The condition on the FAC states that you must inform them of a permanent change of address without undue delay. The exact wording is:-

3) The holder of the certificate must, without undue delay, inform the chief officer of police by whom the certificate was granted of any change in his permanent address.

It doesn't say you have to tell them first does it?

As for 6pointers "don't even tell her you've put them in storage" I'd say exactly the opposite. Make a point of telling her that the guns have been stored with an RFD. That way she can't claim that you threatened her with them. If she doesn't know they're in storage she can still claim she felt afraid of them, and that you had used the threat of them to frighten her. If you've told her they're in storage then any claim that you tried to intimidate her with the threat of them is removed. I'd put it in writing to her, with a copy to the police. Even an email would do, CCing the police. That way she can see that she hasn't got any grounds for a malicious claim.
Hello Matt H, just read your post, I can guarantee, unless you inform your local FA dept you will be in breach, I represented a chap last year who failed to notify, PRIOR to moving his Firearms, he had all his gun seized, and ended up at Crown Court, POlice wanted him banned for 5 years & Pros wanted £2,500:00p in their costs, I managed to to get it reduced to 18 months, and costs of £100:00p, my advice DO NOT EVEN THINK OF NOT INVOLVING YOUR LOCAL FA DEPT in a case such as this, do otherwise would be costly in more ways than one

BB Just shove some mixed fruit up her ass :oops:

6pointer when did you last bake a scone don't forget the flour, milk and butter :rofl: lol.

On a serious note i agree with your comments. A very difficult time for Foxhornet hope everything works out well for him.

Jimbo

patrick, under what legislation was that prosecuted? What was the specific act and section that they prosecuted him under?

thanks for all the replies spoke to mike at basc an guns ar at rfd.thaught it best to delete the thread if a mod could do that for me please!
Why delete the thread
you asked for advice which was genuine, you then spoke to BASC who I presume has given you the same advice as the general and now want to delete thread
You thaught it prevaliant to ask us for advice before you spoke to any one else
now speaking to Mike you now feel you should delete the thread
what has mike suggested that makes my advice wrong, this I would like to know??

As previously said get um outta there dont leave it to chance if she will/wont start anything. I have had it twice and both times I had emptied the cabinets to RFD just incase. The first one took my dog so even they went to my parents on the second occasion, second one took my landy which I eventually got back. Both started of as mutual splits!!

As for change of address I have never notified before moving and never run into difficulties on the few occassions this has happend just notify within seven days by registered post.

Hope it all sorts itself out mine did, the only thing me and my new missus have fallen out over in 5 yers is cabinet and kennel space :) and she is a dab hand at skinning Roe.

Been there got the badge and scars. Get guns to RFD asap also remember to tell the FA dept you have done it. Speak to your FLO as a matter of urgency. I still get asked what my relationship is like with my x when I renewed my coterminous certificates.(my 5 kids still live with their mum)

My old FLO told me that the majority of his checks and work related to marital breakdowns.

In this situation you need to be whiter than white.

Also there is light at the end of the tunnel post divorce, just may take years to see it.

D

Back