WARNING - Garmin Astro and Alpha Users

ADRIAN, I got my set about a year ago, my brother brought it back from America, worked straight out of the box, but the firm said that the later sets wouldn't work in Europe because they would have the latest software.

ADRIAN, I got my set about a year ago, my brother brought it back from America, worked straight out of the box, but the firm said that the later sets wouldn't work in Europe because they would have the latest software.

Rob thanks for the info, did you get the 320 and the DC50 or the DC40??

Got the dc50,if remember correctly I think it was the update on the collar software that would stop it working but I might be wrong

Hi Roe Hunter,

Will the Garmin 320 and DC50 work here in the UK straight out of the box or does it have to be connected to a PC and the software downloaded to the units prior to use?

Both types of Garmin handsets will work OK in the UK so long as they have not been updated to the software versions mentioned above. It is the handset GPS system that prevents it from communicating with the Dog Collars.

Just about to order one of these, can anyone tell me which one is the best to get I originally was going for the 320 the 40 collar

would these be ok or should I look for another type / make

cheers

phil

Just about to order one of these, can anyone tell me which one is the best to get I originally was going for the 320 the 40 collar

would these be ok or should I look for another type / make

cheers

phil

Philip, the DC 50 collar has a good feature that tells you if the dog is barking. It also has a longer antenna. Hope this helps?

Paul

I read this thread a while ago when looking for information on GPS collars for my GWP and was just a bit put off by Garmin's decision to restrict the use of the Astro and Alpha to certain countries.
However it seems that if you like the idea of using the Alpha 100 with the TT15's on your dogs then purchasing one from GPS4US might be the way to go as somehow in the flight across the pond the Alpha has decided it likes the UK and now works fine over here!

Happy hunting.

I am looking for an American astro garmin DC40 collar any one have a spare one for sale
pendle

Im looking at the Alpha / TT15 combo as well from a U.S. supplier. Can anyone offer insight on whether or not this will indeed work and if so what I need to do once it has arrived or where I may need to go to get one that 'works'?

Last edited:
Back