Temperature

To hot for me one thing I don’t miss is standing at the side of a pig tank scolding several hundred pigs on days like this !!

gosh, that is hot for there.
we just had 13 days of that, the hottest 42C ( 108 F). 107 Tuesday, rain, back up to 108 on Wednesday. Muggy.

Last edited:
Hottest place I've ever been was Arizona, 113 degrees. Afraid I've never got to grips with converting centigrade / farenheight.

About a 1000 c today installing the soft play and padding on the top deck of a funhouse. PVC actually burns your arms if you touch it without sleeves on :doh:

Just been topping miscanthus game plots with the air con on in the tractor got out and bang super muggy tonight may have the fan on in the house all night .
norma

Well, I was in London all day. Docklands was like a sauna, with the hot wind making it then feel like the Sahara.

Caught the train out of Paddington at 18:30 and the trains were on go-slow for the first 20 minutes because the heat is affecting the rails. Air conditioning broken, windows locked, temperature above 40 degrees, people feinting.

No explanation from First Great Western, no apology, no water.

Oh, and I paid £60 for the privilege.

Roll on Winter!!

Last edited:
Well, I was in London all day. Docklands was like a sauna, with the hot wind making it then feel like the Sahara.

Caught the train out of Paddington at 18:30 and the trains were on go-slow for the first 20 minutes because the heat is affecting the rails. Air conditioning broken, windows locked, temperature above 40 degrees, people feinting.

No explanation from First Great Western, no apology, no water.

Oh, and I paid £60 for the privilege.

Roll on Winter!!

I went on a train about 5 years ago, first time for donkeys years. Never, ever again !! Crammed in like cattle, jammed in against total strangers, no seats and cost more than the fuel in the motor ?

Trains, buses and trams can go spin on it for me, I don't care if the 4x4 pollutes the atmosphere, there's no alternative as far as I'm concerned.

Sea fishing with my boys in Lough Swilly today. 22 degrees, gentle westerly, eleven species caught.

I nearly feel sorry for you lot crammed into the south east of England.

Wish it would rain so the salmon can run.

34.4 degrees in my garden in Norfolk at 1300 today.

Nice, still not above blood temperature. How do you folks go with sun burn though? We can pick British tourists from a mile down here in summer simply because they don't appear to understand the strength. Remember to "slip, slop, slap!"

Its only 8C here now & not expected to reach 17C today. I'm wearing a polar fleece long bush shirt & beanie ATM & I doubt it will be coming off even though I've some heavy work to get through. Still eight more weeks of winter to go, at least is been wet, about 100mm in the last two months.

Sharkey

Its only 8C here now & not expected to reach 17C today. I'm wearing a polar fleece long bush shirt & beanie ATM & I doubt it will be coming off even though I've some heavy work to get through.
Sharkey

Ach at 17C that's "taps aff" weather here in Scotland and as for wearing a polar fleece, bush shirt and beanie at 8C well is that no a bit wimpish? ;)

Back