Roe wet weight vs 90 day dry weight

ChrisWill184

Hi all,

For those who have shot medal roe what has your experience been of the weight loss over the 90 day period? Looking at other threads i know 10% - 15% is thrown around as an average but would like to get a more detailed picture to compare this. Obviously other factors are involved in measuring but just focussing on this for now.

I shot what i think may be my first medal last week all be it a bronze (pessimistic). When i weighed it after boiling and cleaning (and shaking out as much water as i could) it weighed 572g after a day and a half of drying in the sun it was 548g.

I dont know what people take as 'wet'weight. I judged mine as a day after boiling and will update this when it reaches the 90 days for dry weight.

Could anyone give me their experience of wet vs dry weights and when they took their wet weight reading i.e straight after cleaning, a day after etc. I can then make an average based on this.

Thanks

Chris

Chris, think the 10%~15% is not far off, don't think you can do much better than that not every head will loose the same amount, also a head shot early season will loose more than a head shot later in the year.

Don't know what formula BASC use as I have been unable to find one (they have done away with the 90 days ) due to the variables I can't see how there method can be 100% accurate.

Of the few that I've had measured, weight seems to have dropped by about 10%, from the day after boiling. This is for short noses, rather that full skulls

Hi all,

For those who have shot medal roe what has your experience been of the weight loss over the 90 day period? Looking at other threads i know 10% - 15% is thrown around as an average but would like to get a more detailed picture to compare this. Obviously other factors are involved in measuring but just focussing on this for now.

I shot what i think may be my first medal last week all be it a bronze (pessimistic). When i weighed it after boiling and cleaning (and shaking out as much water as i could) it weighed 572g after a day and a half of drying in the sun it was 548g.

I dont know what people take as 'wet'weight. I judged mine as a day after boiling and will update this when it reaches the 90 days for dry weight.

Could anyone give me their experience of wet vs dry weights and when they took their wet weight reading i.e straight after cleaning, a day after etc. I can then make an average based on this.

Thanks

Chris

Based on your weight immediately out of the pan and effectively drip dry then I'd say you have a high bronze/low silver dependant on your other marks

First buck made bronze, I'm going back now!

Weight 3-5 days later clean & bleached was 570 gms. BASC weighed it at 485 gms, almost 15%, and scored 106.02 points.

I believe wet weight is the displacement weight during scoring? Mine weighed 350 gms wet if that helps.

Cheers.

Back