Urban fox problem, advise please

Roncon1

Gents,

looking for some advice I am living in a flat in west London and I am used to seeing the odd fox passing through but I now think I have a permanent resident or maybe even a den. The cheeky fecker stood 10 foot from me standing in the patio door looking directly at me then he just scratched the ground and lay back to sleep.
niw my big issue is My young fella only 18months old starting to run around the garden and we have another one on the way in the next couple of weeks and id prefer not have them sharing the garden with them.
So any suggestions on how to get rid ?

Foxes love marking their territory, so you could mark yours. Start urinating in the garden the more the better. Apparently it only works with male urine.

I had a problem with a fox crapping all over my patio and lawn a couple of years ago, so I started marking my territory and hosing away the crap every day. It took about 2 weeks but in the end the problem stopped.

Your fox has little fear of you which is why he stood 10 feet from you without running away, so put some fear into it. Make a load noise, wave your arms and shout while running straight at it. If it doesn't move (which I doubt) encourage it on its way by gently prodding it with the toe of your boot.

Start urinating in the garden the more the better. Apparently it only works with male urine.

We had the same problem when we lived in London. Marking is the only way to deter them. Getting a dog to mark is best. A human mark is second best. Any mark will need redoing after a shower of rain.

He is under 10 meters away, I'd be very dubious about using a firearm in the city and the missus isint pleased about the foxes visiting but when the armed response boys swing by for a cuppa I might be sleeping outside with the fox ...

Try with bleach, I have the same problem. But the hole was in the yard. After use a couple of bottles, shte lived, maybe they don't like the smell of clean ;)

Gents,

looking for some advice I am living in a flat in west London and I am used to seeing the odd fox passing through but I now think I have a permanent resident or maybe even a den. The cheeky fecker stood 10 foot from me standing in the patio door looking directly at me then he just scratched the ground and lay back to sleep.
niw my big issue is My young fella only 18months old starting to run around the garden and we have another one on the way in the next couple of weeks and id prefer not have them sharing the garden with them.
So any suggestions on how to get rid ?

Snare it..........!! Cheap and it does not go bang. Make a plan how you will dispatch it also!

Tim.243

Aye I was thinking of a snare but wasn't sure of the legality also have no experience with them. There's always you tube I suppose

When I lived in London my garden was plagued with the dirty *******s. None of the supposed "remedies" work. Peeing round the place yourself doesn't work. It just makes your garden smell like a public toilet, but with foxes. Shooting or cage trapping them is the only real solution.

I'd be wary of trapping or snaring it, if anyone sees you, and gets a pic or a vid you will be all over the net and your life won't be worth living, even shooting it i'd be careful. Awkward situation...

Cage trapping probably the way to go, althou a collarum type trap/snare might also work too,
Snareing could be ackward in such a small area as i doubt u will have proper runs and u can no longer set snares close to holes in fences or any other hazzards it could hang hurt ifsef on, snares are no longer designed to kill. Also be aware of snareing a neighbours cat

Althou if safe enough to shoot a fox in trap with a 22 probably safe enough to just shoot the fox outrght in garden, just bait into a soft area and fire from an upstairs window

Get a dog. You'll have a shooting companion, a best friend who will be always glad to see you and who you won't fall out with (once it's house trained) and you can be sure that it won't want to share you with any other canine type creatures luring about. Then make your garden fox proof if you can - not a bad idea whether you get a dog or not.

Back