Lets have some xmas fun , who's been stuck in the mud ?

Not got stuck in any mud for many years, but did get the Smart car stuck on a frozen puddle last year.
I had been very cold over night and early morning I drove over the puddle, half way across the ice broke
and all four wheels dropped through, left the car sitting on the belly pan with the wheels suspended :lol:
No damage but had to leave it where it was for the morning, the sun came out and melted the ice.
Wish I had taken a pic or two now.

Neil. :)

Stuck? In a Landcruiser? I think not! Be prepared. 37" Mud Terrains, front and rear winches a 5" suspension lift plus 3 diff locks and a really smug look.

Chris

P1000429.jpg

I got my welly stuck the other week, up to the top on wet plough,
had to pull my foot out, then it took two of us to pull it out.

not had the Disco stuck, had a failure to proceed once. nothing the winch didnt fix.

Well I 'd be lying if I said I'd never been stuck, but deliberately going off road doesn't really count. I did get stuck some years ago when taking a high seat out in a trailer to a remote part of our estate. The trailer snagged and I broke through the surface into a boggy bit. Although I had a winch, we soon ran out of things to winch to as they were all ripped out of the ground. In the end, we buried the spare wheel - a trick I had heard of but never tried. It worked a treat. We couldn't dig that far down so we did what we could and then built a cairn on top to weigh it down. We really were in deep and the ropes were as tight as I've ever had them in any situation. Gradually with the lockers in and the winch pulling through a snatch block, we got out. Of course then the challenge was going back the way we'd come!

Chris

Brother in law got stuck a couple of weeks back while wildfowling on a small bit of ground in the fen, land owner got well p****d off told him to sling his hook after he pulled him out and not come back, shame l thought the b****r never invited me anyway:D.

Got my old Suzuki stuck back in 2002. It was lucky the farmer was still up as it was 0.49am and I was 8 miles from home with my 14 year old son.

Attachments

• 2002_0706_004939AA.JPG
    2002_0706_004939AA.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 54
I got the Jimny stuck last month for the first time since I brought it five or six years ago. A track which I have driven for a couple of years, had the ruts filled with water after all the recent rains. What no one told me was that they had been using a big heavy tractor up and down it which left very deep ruts. Couldn't judge the depth due to all the water in them, until the diffs hit the ridge and we stopped:oops:. Of course the shoot tractor wouldn't start, flat battery:doh:. Had to trudge back with a spade and dig out the ridge until the Jimny would climb it. Just goes to prove the proverb, "It never rains but it pours".

2012-11-04 11.35.11.jpg

That was me 4th November this year. Stupid thing is I had driven over the same stretch an hour before and noticed the wet patch, on the way back was in to much of a rush to get home and drove straight across it :doh: I had to wait until a reasonable hour to call the landowner, and even his tractor struggled, cost me a few bottles of red and didn't even see a deer, never mind get one.

Yep. I got stuck this year.
Fallow rut. Big stinking rutting stand. Went to retrieve a Fallow buck and got stuck to the top of my wellies trying to pull him out. He suddenly shifted, trouble is my legs in the stuck boots didn't. Ended up sitting waist deep in stinking **** ridden mud up to my waist.
The buck got power washed off before gralloching, so did I. :oops:

Stuck? Not since I got the Supacat........;)

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0021-3.jpg

DSC_0008-3.jpg

Several times this year. When the cut the maize last month they were using tandeem tractors to pull the 1/2 full trailers at one stage 6 tractors stuck. Saw a combine stuck on several occassions. My son got my Suzuki stuck when he bottomed it out on a deep rut which was obscured by sraw and full of water.

As for landcruisers never been stuck but some very touch and go momments. Last night we walked out, best bit of kit would have been a hovercraft!!!

D

Back