light rifle

ems bach

Looking for a bit of advice on a lightweight 308 rifle. I do mainly walked stalking and I am not the biggest of builds .
Would prefer a stainless steel barrel and synthetic stock. So if any of you have any suggestions I would be greatfull of them Thanks.

I just got a browning BLR and it's light as a feather and looks real nice too......

Remington model 7 ss/s 2.9kg

Small and light. But as in all the factory synthetic stocks flex can be a problem

Or a stutzen ?

Last edited:
Looking for a bit of advice on a lightweight 308 rifle. I do mainly walked stalking and I am not the biggest of builds .
Would prefer a stainless steel barrel and synthetic stock. So if any of you have any suggestions I would be greatfull of them Thanks.

Steyr Scout .308 WIN - being 'light' was one of the design criteria. Available in Stainless Steel it is called the 'Marine defense' version.

I also think the T3 lite stainless has the upper hand. It comes out of the box...not perfect but very useable.
The T3 is the Euro "Remmy" and many aftermarket parts are available. German company ASH is even coming outwith a new firing pin safety. (Germans don't like trigger safety)
edi

Have lusted for a scout for years. Went and looked at one recently and just the bare rifle felt very front heavy, feel that with a scope and mod the balavce wont be right

A said, Sako Finlight, Tikka T3 Lite, Kimber are probably the lightest in Stainless Synthetic. RPA woodland Stalker is also a very compact unit but weighs about 8lbs! Weight can also be reduced greatly by careful choice of moderator such as ASE Utra SL5 or Hardy Gen 4. Scopes can also vary greatly and you probably don't need a bipod. Low profile barrel and possibly skeleton stock? There could be downsides though of balance issues and increased recoil.
MS

I was again in the City today and drooled a bit over that 2nd hand Tikka T-3 Lite Stainless 308. I read the tag this time: Comes with box, rings, and an extra ($80 US) 5 round magazine for $525. Groan! I have three 308's already!! I ran out of there.~Muir

Back