Things to bring back,things to get rid of....

private fraser

Things to bring back...
The ten bob shotgun licence
Getting done for not having a light on your bike
Dog licences
Radio licences
The fifty pence gallon of petrol
The cold war (everybody knew the score)
Shops
Kids told to get a Saturday job
Newspapers costing a reasonable amount

Things to get rid of...
Facebook !
Twitter !
Building on the green belt
People (including BBC journalists) saying things like "I was sat"

Contributions welcome...it's all in fun...hopefully :)

Last edited:
Can I go off menu and choose a thing for the future? I'll have controlled nuclear fusion please. And then we can get rid of a hell of a lot of undesirable political, environmental, social and financial problems.

Can I go off menu and choose a thing for the future? I'll have controlled nuclear fusion please. And then we can get rid of a hell of a lot of undesirable political, environmental, social and financial problems.

It's taboo to say it, but so would some form of human population control. I'm talking incentive not to breed rather than a cull before Godwin's law kicks in! :lol:

You realise that you're very quickly going to have to close this thread because of your own comments, right?

Maybe.

I get so annoyed about people talking about 'sustainability' though. How can anything be sustainable when we have limited resources, limited space but totally unlimited population. When governments talk about sustainability they mean each of us restricting what we use. But there are more of us every second, so it's not sustainable at all!

All of us are on this site because we understand the need to manage populations yet human population is the elephant in the room about which we dare not speak.

Off topic rant over, sorry... as you were! :D

+11111111111111111111111
National service for all no matter your religion

oh what a nice place it would be
Q(P.F)
Things to get rid of...
Facebook !
Twitter !
Building on the green belt

Contributions welcome...it's all in fun...hopefully :)

I would add hanging for the uk born terrorists and the deportation the the rest of the family to the same place there kids went to fight !!! as it was some of there doing to prevent them turning out that way !! oh and Castration for the Paedophile's and there hands cut off just for good measure .:old:

Could well be re the above, It was just a bit of nostalgia.

oh well.

Well now I feel guilty :(

Ok... bring back:

• Jif, Marathon Bars and Opal Fruits
  • Hedgehogs
  • Common sense
  • Stubble burning
  • Responsibility for one's own actions and safety
  • The birch :old:
  • The Redcliffe Flyover
  • The market for fox pelts

Get rid of:

• Nanny state bureaucracy
  • Ambulance chasers
  • Bludgers
  • Traffic lights on roundabouts
  • All European legislation dealing with bananas, bracken control... in fact all European legislation ;)
  • Chavs

:D

It's taboo to say it, but so would some form of human population control. I'm talking incentive not to breed rather than a cull before Godwin's law kicks in! :lol:

If you put contraceptives in pot noodles, rustlers microwavable burgers lambrini and blue wkd you would solve a few problems. Say a low dose so the occasional one caused no problems but a sustained consumption would render you infertile.

Could we please do away with the modern trend for starting sentences with the word 'So'?
Unless the sentence is 'So what?' there's really no need.

If you put contraceptives in pot noodles, rustlers microwavable burgers lambrini and blue wkd you would solve a few problems. Say a low dose so the occasional one caused no problems but a sustained consumption would render you infertile.
Funniest thing I've read in ages :rofl:
Work wth a few of them!!!
dave

Back