100 bird day on a new farm.

Gunner1985

Well after a good day on Tuesday and seeing a lot of pigeons using a farm that I don't have permission on it got me thinking...

so at work on Wednesday I tried looking up to see if I could find out where the farm was that the pigeons seemed to be going on.
which leads me on to today, got up this morning loaded the truck as if I was going for a days shooting but in my mind I was still thinking about this other farm and all the pigeons I had seen on Tuesday flying to it..
Anyway got to where I was on Tuesday there were still a few birds about but I could still see a lot of them were flying high and going over a fair way.
I thought that's it I'm going to find this farm even if it takes me all day.
After driving about for a bit I came across what looked like a farm it seemed to be the closest farm to these fields with pigeons on.
I pulled into the yard and could see there was a farm office with an old guy sitting in there, I knock on the door had a quick chat and that was it.
He told me to go and shoot some pigeons on his pea stubble and that there won't be many days left to do it because he was getting ready to turn it over.
I could see where the field was from his office so I jumped back in the truck drove onto to field and watched for a bit. I could see a good flight line along a hedgerow so I set up camp there
By now it was 12.30 the birds come all day I couldn't believe my luck I packed up at 5pm and picked 124 pigeons both myself and the dog are knackered but well worth it...

Last edited:

Gunner1985

Well done.
Hope those Pigeons didn`t go to waste!
thanks..
Definitely not every bird that can be picked by my dog will be picked then all the birds go to my grandads where they are packed into freezers, where they await a trip to the game dealer.

Tim.243

Very well done, I burnt lots of fuel trying to get a lad under a line of pigeons yesterday.
We managed a hard won 38 with most birds long crossers.

Sort out a photo bucket account as that works very well on here for loading pictures

Tim.243

Gunner1985

Very well done, I burnt lots of fuel trying to get a lad under a line of pigeons yesterday.
We managed a hard won 38 with most birds long crossers.

Sort out a photo bucket account as that works very well on here for loading pictures

Tim.243
It can be hard and frustrating at times can't it..
That's why we have to make the most of the days when everything goes to plan.

ill look into the photo bucket.

Thanks

basil

Distinguished Member
Why would they? please explain?

Tim.243
Game dealers pay very little for them, often the shooters don`t/can`t be bothered with the preparation for eating them.

There is someone that shoots about 15 miles away that lets his lab retrieve a few and the rest are left for the wildlife to feast on.
Hate seeing them go to waste as i can never get enough of them.

Gunner1985

Game dealers pay very little for them, often the shooters don`t/can`t be bothered with the preparation for eating them.

There is someone that shoots about 15 miles away that lets his lab retrieve a few and the rest are left for the wildlife to feast on.
Hate seeing them go to waste as i can never get enough of them.
I know where you are coming from Ive been brought up that if your not going to eat it then don't shoot it of course I'm not going to be able to eat 100+ pigeons that's why my grandad takes them to the game dealer.
I've even gone behind others picking up there birds because they have just thrown them in a ditch after a day's shooting.. (That's just wrong and gives us all a bad name)